Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Next week

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Due to some things coming up, I can't get the 1st week of November off, but I was able to trade it to next week. The farm I'll be hunting is somewhat small, and is all on a hillside basically, with a few nice shelves. And a field in the bottom. I'll be hunting 2 different stands on the shelves. Do you guys think next week is usually a good week as far as bucks on the move, and should I do any grunting etc?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I think itll be pretty good for you bud. I would deff grunt, not super aggressive but I bet you see some good deer.

Good luck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Make the most of it man. Some good weather coming later in the week. Halloween is shaping up to be a perfect day from the looks of it. Never know about that calling. Worth a shot at the very least.

teej89

NE PA
yeah next week shouldn't be too bad man! I LOVE hunting halloween, something about it lol

As far as the calling, I never grunt less a back is walking away or he's acting aggressive, I grunted in a buck 2 years ago that was tearing up a tree 100yds out, just couldn't get a shot on him.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do . The last week of Oct can be great , as long as it ain't to warm. I'd be concerned with the early week forecast but really what choice do you have .

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Hard to explain the lay of the land, but it's basically a big mound that I'm hunting on, like 2 miles long by half a mile wide. A road wraps almost all the way around it, but it's just an old dirt road. On the south is a small 10 acre or so corn feild, all the rest is hay. The property I can hunt is about a quarter mile from the corn. Other than that, it's all acerns and grass.