Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best range finder under $200?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thank you. I try to explain this to fellow bowhunters and friends all the time but for some reason no one seems to get it. Ahhh... The power of marketing at its finest.

At least someone besides myself understands this.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The difference in cheaper and higher priced scopes is the clearness and long range vision. Always went PD shooting out West in SD and WY. We would shoot 100-600 yds. with our 223's. I had a friend who went with us and he would build up a custom AR15 in 223 that cost $1000 plus and put a $30 Tasco scope on it and couldn't see the PD's past 200 yds. I always used Leupold or Burris scopes and never had a problem.
One time my friend Doc noticed he wasn't shooting out to 400-500 yds. like we were and asked him why. I can't see them in my scope. Doc says "you cheap son of a bitch, you'll build up a $1000 rifle and put a $30 scope on it".
I always cared a spare Leupold scope so we put it on his rifle and he shot with us after that. And he was a experienced long distance big bore rifle shooter. He learned his lesion and bought good scopes for the next year..

Will do. Never really understood the price difference for high $ optics, always had cheaper/lower end bushnell/barska scopes. But anymore the I absolutely see the difference in clarity. I'll be lookin for a decent set of binos next!!

Cummingetit

Went to bass pro today and spent entirely too much $$$. Ended up picking up a Nikon- aculon looked at a leupold that was a little more, just didn't like the display, it was kinda small while the Nikon's was very clear and easy to find! Once again, appreciate all the input guys!!