Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

License exemption question

NEOhunter

Hey guys I hope this isn't a dumb question. I tried to email someone at the ODNR a few days ago and didn't get a response.

Here it goes, is my wife exempt from a license and permit at my parents land? I see that is says landowners, their spouse, sons and daughters but wasn't sure if daughter-in-law is exempt.
Just trying to do things right and legal.

Thanks

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm a landowner and it's my understand my DIL can not hunt my property without the proper licenses. Hell my grandkids even need a deer permit and no hunting licenses if I understand the stupid laws.

Hey guys I hope this isn't a dumb question. I tried to email someone at the ODNR a few days ago and didn't get a response.

Here it goes, is my wife exempt from a license and permit at my parents land? I see that is says landowners, their spouse, sons and daughters but wasn't sure if daughter-in-law is exempt.
Just trying to do things right and legal.

Thanks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
She needs her stuff. If you follow the rules of course. It is another dumb ass law IMO when you consider someone renting a house on a farm where they work (50% or more of their income) doesn't need a license or permits. That's a stretch when it comes to proof, but it is pretty easy to prove a DIL or SIL...

NEOhunter

She needs her stuff. If you follow the rules of course

Thanks. I think it is a dumb rule TOO. Oh well she can still hunt at her parents for now. She doesn't want to spend too much money this year since she's just trying to see if she likes it. I was hoping she'd be able to hunt at my parents house without having to buy license and permits.