Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Dander

Hoytman62

Using Deer Dander. Like it real well. The only thing is that after a few sprays on the bottom of my boots, it quits spraying because the bottle is upside down. Would cutting the little hose shorter that is inside the bottle let it spray better? How does anyone that uses Deer Dander use it? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413773147.089077.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Spray your boots before you put them on.

Yeah ^^^^^^ that or spray a small portion of grass/leaves/dirt then rub your boots over it. Spray it near a scrape then walk to your stand circling 25-30 yards to the upwind side of your set then slip into your stand or blind from the backside.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Ahhhh... the old deer dander... Haven't used it for a couple years. Last time I used it I shot a small 8 point and had a bad blood trail, the next morning beentown helped look for him. Every time he got down wind of me he would stop and say.."it's right around here...I can smell it" lol...drove him nuts.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ahhhh... the old deer dander... Haven't used it for a couple years. Last time I used it I shot a small 8 point and had a bad blood trail, the next morning beentown helped look for him. Every time he got down wind of me he would stop and say.."it's right around here...I can smell it" lol...drove him nuts.

lmao.... I can picture Beener doing that lol....

teej89

NE PA
Used it for a couple years in PA. Till one season had a 3.5yr old boar follow my scent and ascend his way up my tree.

Haven't touched it since lol but if you ever go bear hunting...