Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Busted

jlane

dunn nc
pse13, next time you get busted, start grunting and use doe bleat, i had a doe bust me opening weekend, she stood out about 40 yds and blew 20+ times, i started grunting and bleating and she would calm down and then start to blow again, after about 10 min of this she walked away, i turn to look around and had a 130 plus buck walking away from me, he came in to see what all the fuss was about, i did not see or hear him until i looked behind me, so use getting busted to your advantage, you never know until you try, it may help, if a buck hears a doe blowing then he knows she is in the house, then he hears a grunt and a bleat, he may want to investagate, just be careful, you become the hunted

I carry a grunt all the time even in early season. Walking to the stand in the morning if I have one blow I give them a couple soft grunts and they shut up. Most of the time they come through after light.

PSE13

Shelby
We) l after talking too dad he actually shot at both missed one and hit the other in no man's land. So they were already spooked. I feel bad because he hasn't killed a deer in a few years now but the good news is it wasn't all my fault. Lol