Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Evercalm?

angelzd28

Just bought some on Amazon for $17 with free shipping. Dumb question but, do you guys use it all season or just during the rut?

Nevermind just read more about it...... Ill be using it all year, should be at my place by next week.

Some of the dumb things we do when young.
My buddy and I found a stick of dynamite about 6" by 24" that the stone quarry used for blasting rocks. It was just laying on the driveway broken open.
So one of us gets the bright idea 'lets blow it up'.
So we get a M80 firecracker stick it in and run behind a big rock 50 ft away. Of course we want to watch so we stick our head up to see the neat explosion.

Since I'm telling this story 56 yrs later you know the dynamite didn't explode. I get cold chills just thinking of it now.

Oh my dear god! Lmao!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of my roommates in college could be a real dick hole. One night he was he was particularly hard to deal with and passed out early. We empty a 1/2 bottle of Tinks 69 on his pillow. Took him 2 days to figure out what happened. lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
One of my roommates in college could be a real dick hole. One night he was he was particularly hard to deal with and passed out early. We empty a 1/2 bottle of Tinks 69 on his pillow. Took him 2 days to figure out what happened. lmao
I had a roommate at Hocking that I didn't like, so I tea bagged the rim of his Yukon jack bottle one night then watched him drink it.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
For y'all at use it, where and how far from the stand do you put it????

I put it on the soles of my boots, I have been known to put a little on the palms of my gloves as well to leave the scent on whatever I touch.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For y'all at use it, where and how far from the stand do you put it????

Never tried any but the Evercalm. I put a bit on the soles of my boots but I also put some on the toe, heal, and edges. I figure it will wear off the sole on some of the hikes to my stands but maybe there will be just enough on the sides, toes, and heels to leave some scent.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I put it on the side of the soles of my boots. And then I put a little on a tree before getting in my stand.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I use a short drag, then I hand the drag at my stand. In 2013 the 8 pt buck I shot was 20 yds down wind on a main trail, he stopped 2 times and smelt the air and turned off the train and walked straight to me. I shot him at 12 yds. I was smoked up and had Evercalm drag hanging on my stand steps. The buck came to something.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Soles of my boots before walking in and I spread some head high on the tree once I'm in the stand. When I'm in a blind, I take the cap off and wedge it in a window.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I was on a mission from Kuwait to Mosul Iraq, hadn't showered in about 4-5 days. There was an NCO with us that I hated. As he went to chow, my driver and I stayed back to relax at the bunks for a while. I took the guys pillow and cleaned my gooch really well with it. When he went to sleep that night, I had a real hard time holding in my laughter.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was on a mission from Kuwait to Mosul Iraq, hadn't showered in about 4-5 days. There was an NCO with us that I hated. As he went to chow, my driver and I stayed back to relax at the bunks for a while. I took the guys pillow and cleaned my gooch really well with it. When he went to sleep that night, I had a real hard time holding in my laughter.

lmao!!!!
Still probably smelled better than his breath lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

LMAO.....:smiley_clap: