Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Evercalm?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Supposed to be the cat's ass on doe in heat scent. Problem is I don't know one person who has tried it.
I don't know anyone either. I used to do a drag line with a wick dipped in Tinks 69 but that can be a hassle. Plus I'm trying not to use liquid scents anymore. Had one spill in my pack a couple of years ago and that was nasty.

runhunter

I definitely want to try the VS-1, just not sure I'm spending $44 on it. I wonder if you kept that fromunda deodorant stick in a ziplock, would it last? Considering you just wipe it across a piece of cloth, and hang it from a branch....I'd tend to think it would become stale before you used it all.

I definitely want to try the VS-1, just not sure I'm spending $44 on it. I wonder if you kept that fromunda deodorant stick in a ziplock, would it last? Considering you just wipe it across a piece of cloth, and hang it from a branch....I'd tend to think it would become stale before you used it all.

In the past I have had sticks of Evercalm that I have used again the following year with the same great results. Last year I picked up a stick of the Rutting Buck and used it all season, still had some left the last time I was down and used it on mock scrapes. When I pulled it out it didn't have much smell but after I rubbed off the top coating that had dried a little it smelled exactly the same. And yes, I keep them in a ziplock so I don't accidentally have the lid come off in my pack.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I got the VS-1 in a combo pack 2 yrs ago and I seen no increase in activity around it. Yes it dries out in a zip lock bag. It's laying in the garage somewhere and I think I'll lay it out this year during the rut and see if it still works.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't know anyone either. I used to do a drag line with a wick dipped in Tinks 69 but that can be a hassle. Plus I'm trying not to use liquid scents anymore. Had one spill in my pack a couple of years ago and that was nasty.

Do not. And I mean never. Leave a stick of evercalm in the cup holder of you truck. If it gets hot It will melt and leak out the bottom of the deodorant container into your cup holder.

runhunter

Do not. And I mean never. Leave a stick of evercalm in the cup holder of you truck. If it gets hot It will melt and leak out the bottom of the deodorant container into your cup holder.

Last thing I need is the old lady thinking I'm cheating on her lol... I'm sure you guys all heard about Jersey girls

I really think that Joe was just doing a test for us fellow TOOzers so we don't mess up. Then maybe not.

I had a bright idea about 20 years ago to buy a bottle of skunk extract for a cover scent. Opening morning of gun season I'm standing in the dark and start twisting the cap off. For some reason there was a little pressure built up in it. I heard a little shhh and felt it hit my hands and coat. I stood there gagging and my eyes watering. Needless to say I had to ride in the back of the truck.

I had a bright idea about 20 years ago to buy a bottle of skunk extract for a cover scent. Opening morning of gun season I'm standing in the dark and start twisting the cap off. For some reason there was a little pressure built up in it. I heard a little shhh and felt it hit my hands and coat. I stood there gagging and my eyes watering. Needless to say I had to ride in the back of the truck.

LMAO!! Those are great!! Kind of like the time my first year of hunting my uncle told me it was best to pour the doe in heat scent on my hat....so it could help cover my scent.....

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Haha i remember back in the early 80s in high school my buddy and i had the skunk scent where you had to mix two parts together and poured it on the toilet paper in the school bathroom.
Man was that a good one,whole damn school stunk and the old janitor we called Carrot head was pissed.lol
You sure couldnt do that today with all the cameras in the schools.lol

Oh yeah, for a week straight I squirted it on my hat every morning. Didn't catch on til the end of the week after they kept making me keep it outside and laughing about it. I was 12 at the time LOL

Lmao! I don't feel so bad about the shrunk scent now! You can only imagine the ribbing I took!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Some of the dumb things we do when young.
My buddy and I found a stick of dynamite about 6" by 24" that the stone quarry used for blasting rocks. It was just laying on the driveway broken open.
So one of us gets the bright idea 'lets blow it up'.
So we get a M80 firecracker stick it in and run behind a big rock 50 ft away. Of course we want to watch so we stick our head up to see the neat explosion.

Since I'm telling this story 56 yrs later you know the dynamite didn't explode. I get cold chills just thinking of it now.