Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Evercalm?

buckstar25

T-county
Walked right to the base of my tree. We use it when we hang cams. I use a cover scent that I've used since I was a kid called Sure Kill but also started using ever calm on my boots. There is some confidence built when you watch deer follow your tracks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414017358369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414017358369.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 79

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I bought trophy blend scents version of it. I think they actually made it first but never had the marketing like evercalm. It's also significantly cheaper. I have never had deer spook, I've certainly had deer start smelling around though. I killed a nice buck in 2012 that I think it turned him to come into my tree. I thought about buying more this year. I've kept the estrous in my fridge, so I'm thinking about continuing to use what I have left....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just bought a stick for this year. I used it last year and had some deer follow my trail. I put it on my boots this evening and also smeared some on the branches around my tree. I had 7 does come in downwind of me, smoke and ever calm is all they smelled.

nis1

My girlfriend got me the whole conquest package for my bday, I've been using ever calm with good success on not being winded. Last night I decided to smear some of the vs1 stick on my boots before I walked in and then I put some more on a log out in front of me. Had a doe pop in sniffing everything like crazy, at one point she actually followed the trail to my tree and then back out the path I had come in on. She mingled around for about 15 min sniffing like crazy. Now I just hope it work on a big buck in the next couple of weeks!

rsmith

I just bought a stick of it today, it smells like, well I can't really describe it besides it just smells like deer. It does have a strong odor though. I just put it on the toes and heels of my boots and on a branch right next to me for a little cover scent. Reading everyone saying they love it made me want to buy some.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I remember last year I rubbed a number of trees with this around where my ground blind was & a few days later, my cam caught a buck making rubs on a few of those trees.

I rubbed some on a couple trees in front of my camera Friday morning. We'll see what I get next weekend when I check it!

Well gents! I have pretty good evidence that it works. Put it on my boots about 100 yds away from my stand. Had a good 10 point follow my trail all the way to my stand. Got all the way to my steps, smelled the steps and milled around the tree for a little bit. Then he just meandered off. He was downwind almost the entire time.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
First season using it I had a 6.5 year old buck following my 3 hour old boot tracks to his death. I don't go in the woods without it.

FYI fellas, Amazon Prime has Evercalm for $17 and change right now. Just ordered a stick. They also have hickory chips for $3.99 a bag as an add-on item. I bought some organic buffalo bars for the stand to get me to the $25 mark and added to bags of chips. I love me some Amazon Prime and Evercalm!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
FYI fellas, Amazon Prime has Evercalm for $17 and change right now. Just ordered a stick. They also have hickory chips for $3.99 a bag as an add-on item. I bought some organic buffalo bars for the stand to get me to the $25 mark and added to bags of chips. I love me some Amazon Prime and Evercalm!
Thanks for the heads up Jesse!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
You can get it from another seller (HSS Outdoors Inc) on Amazon for $16.49 with free shipping if you don't have the prime option. Thanks for the reminder Jesse.

runhunter

I'm using it tonight. Have 2 does and a few fawns at the base of my tree licking the stump I put it on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: