Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New R&D project

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I started a new R&D project yesterday. Putting my past experience to good use. Have to figure out a new way to process as the normal old way won't work with the new items.
Had to trail and error plus make jigs to do the process. Got it pretty well figured out and gigs done. Just have to do a test run before production starts.
Taking a quick lunch break now to sort my mind out and go over the process in my thoughts. Plan on hunting Sat. & Sun. morning and evening and at that time I spend a lot of time thinking things through.
Fun time and get paid to.

I ran into a slight flaw as the process was causing about 10% scrape. I'm adding another die into setup and that should cut the scrape down to zero. I'll find out tomorrow as the wind looks wrong for deer hunting in the morning.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I finished the setup details yesterday and put the new round into full production. It was a fun and very frustrating project but the outcome was great. The only problem as such it I'm the full production producer. It's deer hunt 1st the production 2nd. They don't much like that but as I told them it's deer hunting time.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good for you. Any details you are allowed to give up about the round? Seems to me that the Bench guys and suppressor rounds are the wildcats that are catching on.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good for you. Any details you are allowed to give up about the round? Seems to me that the Bench guys and suppressor rounds are the wildcats that are catching on.

It's a in house process and the details will have to stay in house if you know what I mean.
Suppressed load for the 300 Blackout. Neat to shoot with the suppressor.