Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Logan township, Hocking County

IVSA

Hey Guys,
Have followed the site for months, great info on here! I'm headed to Hocking County Nov.6-9 to hunt 300 private acres. I have topo maps of the property and have a good idea of the pinch points. My question is - How is the deer heard/bucks in that area? I don't have an expectation of seeing several 150+ bucks, just looking for a basic idea of what to look for. Thanks for any input. Good luck to all this season!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Good county. Seems numbers are always good there. Average bucks home range is 640 acres, hard to judge an entire county buy how great the hunting is going to be. I'd imagine it'll be pretty good, however if the neighbors are poaching sobs then it might blow.

I know several guys on here who have "honey holes" they are 10acres in the right area.

Not trying to be a dick just giving honest information. I hope this helps.

Albert

IVSA

Hello,
Headed back again this year on the same dates!! Had a solid hunt last year, got a 140 8 pt with a 6 inch drop tine. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their help and experience. We may be from New Jersey, but we love our trip out to OH each year. Good luck to everyone this season!!