Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kisses button and peep?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just a peep here. I used to use a kisser. When I went to a hand held release, I got rid of it. If a kisser gives you a consistent anchor point, it will help with your shooting. A peep is a must IMO to achieve maximum results accuracy wise. Both items help achieve consist form and that's what equates to better shooting.

When I was in HS, we had a drafting teacher that showed up the best way to draw a straight line. He said the more reference points, the straighter the line. Shooting a bow is the same principle. The more reference points on your anchor, the better the shot.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Just peep.

I have a few anchor points that I hit with every draw. Fletching hitting my lip, knuckle behind ear, thumb on back of my neck.

Just need the consistency of anchor points as Jesse mentions

PSE13

Shelby
I have a peep right now and I anchor the same place every time. I just haven't been doing well with shooting. I'm trying too figure it all out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a heckuva time late summer with one of my bows. The other I was shooting fine. Found out my kisser was not in the right spot. I bring this up because it greatly affected my shot. Is your peep sight correctly positioned? Are you 100% certain you are anchoring exactly the same every time? If not. . . I am honestly not the guy to give the next steps on advice. Many on here with more knowledge than I. I do know how tough it can be when you are not set up correctly though.

PSE13

Shelby
I tell my self the same things every time. I run it through my head level , pin release and it worked great for while now I'm just all over. I was considering a kisser with my peep so that I know I'm anchored the same every time. I'm just uncomfortable too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is this a new problem? I am not a bow guru. I am a logical thinker though. I might be able to help narrow it down until we get some of the bow masters chiming in. lmao

rsmith

I have a kisser and a peep, I do feel that the kisser is a must for me because it insures a proper anchor every time

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If it comes and goes, it's you, not your equipment. Kisser buttons can help with the situation I'd bet you are dealing with. My guess is you are peaking or not following through with the shot properly. I say this because that is the most common issue with poor shooting that "comes and goes". A kisser can help only because it makes it painfully obvious when you do not follow through. If you pull your head off, you'll know it. If you let the string creep forward, you'll know it. If you anchor differently, you'll know it. You'll get accustomed to how the kisser feels at full draw, you should not notice any change in that feel. It's there, then it isn't. You shouldn't feel it move or you're doing something wrong. Kissers can be handy, but they will not fix your problems if you do not pay attention to what they tell you. It's entirely possible to not follow through a shot even with a half dozen checks to keep you anchored solidly. In simple terms, try to keep your pin on the target until AFTER the arrow hits. You can't do it, but if you try, your groups will likely improve. At least give it a try before adding gadgets. And that's not a dig on kissers... I often add one to my bowstring for late season hunting as it helps to maintain a good anchor when I'm wearing cold weather gear, they do help at times.

PSE13

Shelby
I know its me. I have been working with it for awhile and like I said it comes and goes. I always try too follow through but have caught myself not doing so. I don't over grip the bow. I have been thinking about a kisser button as its a consistent anchor point. Consistency is a big part right? I haven't really struggled this bad with a bow since I started.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I shoot both in addition to a Whisker Buscuit. Its like riding a bike for the first time , I cant take the training wheels offrotflmao

Kaiser878

ohio
Sounds to me like set up might be an issue also. Where said you get your bow and were you properly measured? To some people a 1/2 inch difference in draw length can be a big deal.... where do you live

PSE13

Shelby
I bought it at Sportsman's den and they set it up. I live in Shelby wish is just a few minuets north of Mansfield.

Kaiser878

ohio
Milo is good with bows. But if u wanna come to strasburg to all american outdoors we could get ya fixed up...... whichever is closer for u