Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I miss ya Grandad

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Awesome stuff Don! I know I was impressed to see you come off the hill with those squirrels no longer than you were gone. Great stuff all around.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Nice write up, I'm with ya. Mine didn't hunt, be he helped recover my first deer, and my first buck. And blessed me by saying after my first kill, "you might not ever kill another one again" hahahahahah! I miss him all the time too and often think of him while hunting. I'm very jealous that you got to share that with yours. Be very thankful....

Ricer2231

Another nice thing about the squirrels is I'll be using parts of them for coyote bait this trapping season so when I set the traps and catch a yote or two I can add another memory to the story.

lung buster

hocking county
Great stuff buddy! I'm blessed to still have my grandad and even though he can no longer hunt he is the one who kept the fire burning in my family and he is the 1st person that my kids run to when they are successful in the field! I cherish evey moment!!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The memories you guys have with your grandpas should be kept with you for ever. Both of my grandpas passed away before I was born. All I have from my Mother's dad is a Stevens Favorite rifle that was in 25 Rimfire. I had the rifle rebuilt into a 22LR and gave it so my son. He gave the rifle to my grandson.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing Don. To me, this is what it's all about. The passing down of a legacy that cant be explained to "outsiders" that don't appreciate the finer points of our past. Im glad you shared this and I cant wait to pass it on to my son

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That was so well written from heart to paper Don! Great tribute to your grandpa! Thanks for sharing and that pic is a shoe in for the harvest video IMO! Awesome stuff buddy!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Great stuff right there!!! Got a single shot winchester 16 ga from my grandpa that i take on a hunt for rabbits or squirrels every year or so for fun.