Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How do your deer look?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am in NW Ohio. We aren't used to seeing deer. They all look healthy enough to shoot if we see them. Lol

Not a person in the know. Seems I always have a couple that look this way year after year. They seem to fatten up about now.

buckstar25

T-county
Lundy, we had a similar situation a couple years ago. I had a couple does that were sickly looking, both easily identifiable by their markings. One had snow white feet and the other a hole in her ear. The white footed doe had triplets, it got to the point that every camera check I was convinced she would die with a day or 2. The second deer was not as bad. Both deer rebounded and put back all their weight, if you still have fawns nursing I would say that is likely what's going on. All those pics you have the deer's posture is normal and no noticeable signs of sickness? We are down 11 fawns to coyotes so our does are all plump......

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Mine are fine and ready for harvest. Lots of acorns on the ground. A couple of them would look better on the meat hook though...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
All summer I watched my best property from a distance with my binoculars. Most if not all the does had twins with the exception of one that had triplets. At the beginning of the season I noticed that not too many does still had twins in tow. Fuggin yotes must be doing some damage, so I'll be sure to set plenty of snares out there this winter.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
all my buddies hunt in Athens and surrounding areas. All seem to be seeing healthy deer and numbers so far!

I have hunted Athens cnty a bit, and always does seem like a lot of yotes around.