Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which game camera?

rsmith

You guys that run the Moultries, do any of you have black flash cameras? How is the flash range, and picture clarity at night? How often do you get blurry pics?

I have a m80xt black and I never have only got a couple blurry pics, the range isn't that good though, maybe 30 feet or so, which isn't bad at all but not as good as some others. It works flawless for me though and I can't complain about it besides just missing a couple pics because the deer were out of range, besides that it's very nice and works flawless for me

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will second the Browning cameras with the disclaimer: I have only had them a couple months. Ordered 4. 2 for me and 2 for a buddy. Last night I ordered 2 more for myself. The first 4 ordered were Recon Force. Last night I ordered 2 Strike Force. We got the Recon Force at a steal: $109/camera or 2/$180. Seemed like a no brainer at the time given the reviews. So far they have performed well.

My Spypoints had more blank pictures than I could take. When you see 500-600 pictures on a card pull after a month you would hope there would be more than 20-50 pictures with deer or animals on them. The picture quality was less than impressive as well.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I just use the basic wildgame innovations. Blade 6 is the model. Run 2 of them. At 50$ a piece I can't complain to much. They take AA batteries and take decent pics. I just can't pay a lot for trail cams.

Mushijobah

WI for me due to price. Can't afford to be putting super nice cams in the areas I hunt. Some of the new smaller and super camod ones are pretty cool though.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I've been using 5 Moultrie and 3 Bushnell cameras. It think the Moultrie's are M80's and over two years old. Great battery life on 8 AAs and they have never had any issues. I like the Bushnell's too, but the night ir is too grainy.

I really like the Coverts I have now. I've got 5 Red 40's and just got a MP6 to try out. The 40's have had a few problems here and there but their customer service has bent over backwards to make things right. The things I like about them as compared to the others I have tried is picture quality, 3 picture burst mode with 0 seconds recovery, fast trigger speed and battery life (takes up to 12 AA batteries that generally last several months to half a year). I do get a few whiteout or dark pics now and then, which is no different than any other brand I've tried, but the majority of the time they are just real good pics.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I really like the Coverts I have now. I've got 5 Red 40's and just got a MP6 to try out. The 40's have had a few problems here and there but their customer service has bent over backwards to make things right.

I must have got the one guy that was having a bad day. He treated me like dirt. It was all over an MP6 that takes dark pics day or night. Told me I didn't know how to set up a cam. Won't buy another Covert.

Bushnell has treated me like gold and so has Browning.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I will never buy another Spypoint product.

The only other I have is the older, discontinued model (currently on sale for $75) is the Moultrie D55-IR. Love that camera!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I will never buy another Spypoint product.

The only other I have is the older, discontinued model (currently on sale for $75) is the Moultrie D55-IR. Love that camera!
I have that same Moultrie and love it too. Not sure why they discontinued it. Great cheap camera.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had the same results with my Spypoint Tiny with 2 yrs. of use. I think the trigger is too slow to get a picture after sensing motion. I haven't even bothered to put it out this year. How I must say the Spypoint camera I got from Jesse does take a lot of pictures with a lot less blanks. The model I have problem with is the Tiny with the remote and the remote sure wouldn't transmit very far.

I will second the Browning cameras with the disclaimer: I have only had them a couple months. Ordered 4. 2 for me and 2 for a buddy. Last night I ordered 2 more for myself. The first 4 ordered were Recon Force. Last night I ordered 2 Strike Force. We got the Recon Force at a steal: $109/camera or 2/$180. Seemed like a no brainer at the time given the reviews. So far they have performed well.

My Spypoints had more blank pictures than I could take. When you see 500-600 pictures on a card pull after a month you would hope there would be more than 20-50 pictures with deer or animals on them. The picture quality was less than impressive as well.

I have 3 Bushnell Trophy Cams and 1 WGI X6C. They all have worked quite well for me. The newest BTC keeps losing the date for some reason though. Not a huge issue to me. I use my cameras mainly as an inventory tool and not so much for patterning deer. My X6C by far takes the best quality photos, but I use it the least due to not having burst mode.

buckstar25

T-county
Moultrie and Bushnell for us. Go to Moultrie website and look at their bargains, they are refurbished but you can get 2 for one prices. Our I-45's are ridiculous, these things never leave the woods the pictures are great. My dad bought 2 I-90's for 100.00, while they are ginormous, the night infrared pics are the best I have seen.....