Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote 2014

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Gonna start this thread for this year. Hoping to put some yote fur on the ground this year. Got some traps and snares to boil..

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Cool!!! I have one hanging on my fence hole from last season that i need to re-set. Riding on my buddys combine while he does the beans could get a couple also with the pump gun.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You trappin around your place Milo or just on the weekend trips to the southern property? Good luck buddy and I hope you can thin a few of them out.

Got my few traps and snares done and just got the earth anchors in Wednesday. I was using the Berkshire anchors and wanted to go with something a little different this season.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Got the first of the year today. Set the snare four days ago and ended up with this nice male. I'll let the hole cool down for a couple days and then re-set it for the next one hopefully!!! 1226141139-00.jpg1226141155-00.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats! I set 5 snares yesterday in a spot that I know will produce some yotes. I found fresh poo on a trail the other day.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Close but no cigar i mean yote lol. Had one go through and pull the snare all the way to the deer stop. Didn't thrash around and bend the cable so hopefully i'll get him when he come back through.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Set a hot hole yesterday so i hope i can get number two for the year. You can tell its mating season as there are tracks all over the place now. I seen two running a field at 1:00 in the afternoon the other day.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well I finally got off my butt and got some snares out... I have 9 in what I hope are good spots. No fresh sign due to the snow but they are in cam spots I have gotten them recently. For some others on a fresh deer kill they made a Couple days ago