Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know a thing about something

jeremy44230

Medina County
I had a gut feeling that tonight would be a good night to kill something. I was supposed to have the right wind, albeit 14-16 MPH until 7.

I got to the property earlier than usual due to the fact it is so thick that I've seen deer early there in the past.

I smoked up, started dressing and realized my hunting pants were missing. I now know they are in coshocton..... Dang it!

Any who, I hunted in the next best hunting pants, my Levi's!

Got setup around 3:30. Saw nothing and blew around in a tree until 6ish. I had 2 red foxes running through chasing each other. About 25 minutes later I heard movement. Grabbed the bow, hooked up and waited. Here she came and gave me a 25 yard shot.

I let her rip and she dropped. I spined her. Didn't like that, but the track job was sweet!!!!

I did a quick fast dress and was out to my truck by 7:00. Not too much disturbance to the small patch of woods. It was nice to get her taken care of while still light out. Tried out my new Havalon knife, it was great and super sharp.

I have this deer to a good family friend who cannot hunt due to bad shoulders and lack of places to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412814704.802804.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
heck ya man!

I have wondered abou those havalons, happy to hear they are good knvies!