Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got one getting HOT!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Checked a card today. A doe came through acting like it was the rut. This fella came through 4 minutes later. I think we have a doe warming up. We were going to skip tonight to get ready for Strouds, but we may have to alter those plans. If she is getting right, I gotta believe one of the bucks we are hoping to get a crack at will be following along shortly. I'd like to be there when that happens. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I18rbFfC4k&feature=youtu.be

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It seems too early to me, Ric, but I have a friend that killed a dandy on opening day several years ago AFTER he bred a doe. Early does are trouble for bucks.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is my hope too! The deer we are actually looking for has moved a short distance from the set up where this cam is. However, if that doe is hot and comes by, I bet our boy will follow. The first one of the year is always a popular girl!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We got skunked. I should have stayed home and finished packing our junk but couldn't help myself. We got in late, pretty sure we bumped a deer but didn't see it. We heard a bunch of yotes, that was about it. Still, I bet we get some cool vids over the next couple of days as I'm willing to bet by what these videos showed that she is about to have a lot of company.

rsmith

That's awesome! Over here where I'm at I have seen 2 bucks with their nose down to the ground chasing does all around my plot. It was very cool to see but I think it is still a little early for the does to be in estrus. If the bucks are rutting this early already and the does aren't giving it up till normal time than it should make for an exciting season here pretty soon.