Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Westbranch State Park Whitetail hunting

BigRed11

Hey guys, Wanted to see if i could get some help. I just recently (about 2 months ago) moved out to Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I have been looking at land to bow hunt but havent come across anything too promising. So I decided to go out and scout Westbranch sate park. I found a lot of tracks, acorns, and there is plenty of food and water. So I laid low for about a month. I have now been out hunting at westbranch three times this year. Two all day hunts and one evening hunt and have had no luck at all. I was wondering if you guys could possibly give me some advice on hunting at westbranch or maybe some others areas that I should check out. Any information would be appreciated and helpful.

Thanks in advance.
-Spencer

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You can try Milton and Berlin wildlife areas as well, not real familiar with west branch other then from the water..... Berlin area has a decent population of deer and doesn't see a lot of archery hunters especially during the week....

Schu72

Streetsboro
I used to hunt WB but have given up. Deer sightings went way down a few years back. Now I save gas and stare at leaves and squirrels at home. You might try La Du. Never hunted there myself but have heard good things.

rooster85

Lake County
Ive squirrel hunted there quite a few times, tons of sign but I've never seen a deer there. It gets quite a bit of pressure so maybe trail cameras wouldn't be the best route but maybe? Good luck!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I would try Ladue. I have hunted it in the past. Issue with NE OH is there aren't many tracks for people to spread out and there are a lot of Amish out that way who hammer those small parcels.

BigRed11

Thanks guys for the reccomendations. For those of you who reccommended LaDue....do you have any suggestions on where to go there?