Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Confusion of ODNR's wording once again

Huckleberry Finn

I am just new to hunting and I did not know that they did this, I just thought that they may have opening muzzleloader to doe only but after reading online I see it says statewide antlerless muzzleloader rifle October 11-12 and not statewide antlerless deer only bow and muzzleloader rifle October 11-12. Thank you for the clearing it up for me though and sorry for the stupid question I just wanted to make sure it was a statewide antlerless only weekend

Not a stupid question at all, I was just wondering if there was any specific language that lead you to believe what was the case.

rsmith

Not a stupid question at all, I was just wondering if there was any specific language that lead you to believe what was the case.

Just the lack of language I guess or kind of lazyness on my part for not reading and searching for a answer in it harder, but I guess me not knowing that they did have a weekend for just does only, I know it says muzzleloader antlerless only but not bow and muzzleloader only so I guess I was just confused by them not just coming out and saying it. So just a combination of new to hunting still and not specifying or emphasizing on it

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I think my strategy is going to be stay out of the woods that weekend in hopes that neighboring hunters will just push the deer to me for Monday and on. I already shot a doe and just the thought of seeing my target buck while I'm muzzleloader hunting pisses me off enough to skip it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wonder if there is a spike in buck numbers on the following Monday morning is what would make me wonder.

I believe this is the same thought most shared last year when we had this discussion. I am sure there will be a jump in bucks tagged each Monday following the antlerless weekend for as long as it lasts. I would almost hate to honestly tag a buck on the following Monday. It would look like it was fishy even if it was legit.