Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bring on the weather!!!!!

Looks like we're finally gonna have fall her in northeastern Ohio. A high of 49 tomorrow?! Beautiful! Hopefully it gets the deer moving cuz movement has sucked the last week or so. Time to sit on my oak stand and wait for a couple brown creatures to come eat! What you guys got planned for tomorrow's cool fall day?!

rsmith

I got hunting till about 12 than got stuck going to a apple farm to spend the day their with girlfriend and my friend and his girlfriend than going out to dinner. But Sunday I'm going to be out all day!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I got hunting till about 12 than got stuck going to a apple farm to spend the day their with girlfriend and my friend and his girlfriend than going out to dinner. But Sunday I'm going to be out all day!

Use it to your advantage and get a buncha apples for your deer. Girlfriend will be like "see I told you you'd have fun" as you fill up a dozen bags... :smiley_coolpeace:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be out all day tomorrow. Sunday is a work day at a new farm. Hitting up one of my favorite stands tomorrow as the wind is perfect for it. I'll have the only oaks in that 40 acre block about 75 yards behind me on the point. Deer pretty much have to walk by me in bow range to get to/from them.

As long as this wind dies down it should be perfect. Went for a drive this evening in Cuyahoga Valley National Park and saw at least 100 deer including 15 good sized bucks. Even my wife said "You should be in the woods early and late cuz I have a good feeling about you hunting tomorrow." I sure hope that pretty pregnant lady is right!!! Good luck tomorrow guys!!!!!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I didnt realize how cold it was going to be in the morning till I saw this and then checked the weather. I am going to be out in the morning for sure.

I hate wind. Lol. Sat until 0945 and nothing. One of my best stands too. I'm starting to worry about the deer population on our main farm. Not as many trail cam pics this year and definitely not as many deer in the pics. Found 4 dead does in very close proximity last winter and have been hearing random single gun shots from the eastern side at dusk and after dark. Not to mention our coyote sightings on cam have tripled in last few weeks. Idk. I'm hoping its not a poaching issue. I just want to see some deer. Lol. The only two I've seen this year were in my food plot and one got an arrow opening day. Sorry for the rant. How'd everyone else's morning go?

teej89

NE PA
Yotes are ruining my hunts two, outta 4 sits I've seen em 3 times. They're always yipping on my walk in too.

rsmith

The wind is killing me too, I hate it! And I have had the same problem with hearing gun shots right by last light and after dark. Hope it isn't poaching either, a couple Amish hunt 3 properties up from me so let's hope it isn't that. I didn't get any of my bucks moving today by my plot, I thought they would for sure be in their eating some corn or something, with 25mph winds they may have been a little weary of coming into it. Not as successful as I thought so far but the season has only just begun