Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cuddyback capture flash....

Kaiser878

ohio
Does anyone have one that is broke or non functional? I have one that works great but the flash bulb burnt out. And cuddeback won't sell me a bulb. I'm willing to buy it from u for a reasonable price

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Is it a special bulb Zach? Just wondering if you could find one at an electronics store or on the web and replace it but I'm sure you have already looked. I have an old wildview with a white flash if it's the same bulb.

Kaiser878

ohio
They said I could send it to them and it would cost 100 bucks. I told em to fuck off. Ota probably a 60 cent bulb..... and they said they don't send bulbs out....I told em id never buy another one of their cameras....all they said was sorry to hear about that......worst customer service on the planet

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you look at the bulb it should have some numbers on it. You could look up those numbers or have an electronics place cross match them to another brand. You could desolder the old bulb and put the new one in and will work just fine. I use to do all kinds of stuff in my electronics class in High school. I miss messing with circuit boards sometimes lol. If you need any help with it Zach let me know.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, no numbers. The bulb has to be sautered in also

That's no problem just need a small tip on the iron specially if it was originally done by machine. I use to solder and de-solder stuff all the time during my 4 years of electronics. Built a few cool projects back then too. Wish I still had them lol. The hardest part is trying to figure out what the bulb is and getting the right size for it. Get one to small and as soon as it triggers it will POP lmao.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Flash bulbs going out in them is common. I have 3 that need bulbs. (but I did get 3 years out of them) I have an Electronic's Einstein I work with, will try and see what I can find out for us.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks. Hopefully you find the right bulb. That's bad customer service there.

They just want all the old cams off the market and make a sale and have you upgrade to a newer model. I guess they don't think people could or would take that same $100 and buy a cheaper newer cam and get a year or longer out of it. Would be the same as spending it to get the new bulb and get the same life out of it. Bulb isn't more then $5-$10 for a normal person to buy but since they don't actually assemble their cams they will send it to another company overseas to get the repair done. That would take a good amount of time shipping back and forth so for the $100 they can just have that company send an entire new cam and junk the one you send in. Tell you an ungodly amount for a repair or for just a little more you can upgrade to a newer model that they have sitting in a warehouse somewhere here in the US.

Yeah, either way it sucks and is very bad CS for sure. Just have to remember not one of those cam companies other then maybe Buckeye Cam assemble or repair their own products. Take SpyPoint for example. You send it in for repair it is mailed here in the US. They turn around and ship it to the main company in Canada. That cam has to go thru customs 2x before you get it back and about a month at the least for turn around.