Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

doe down for the wife

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Pretty proud of the wife. She is 34 weeks pregnant and time was limited this year with us both working full time and a another baby on the way. Way have a two year old that obviously keeps us busy enough ha. I talked her into to getting a sitter tonight and going out to the blind. It was the first time out for either of us this year. She only got out once last year due to a surgery and missed one in the same spot. We were both joking around and she was eating a poptart cuz she's always starving and said "oh crap there's a deer". She had a different angle then I did out of the blind and said I'm shooting it haha. I couldn't even see it at his point and I was busy trying to get the camera rolling. I got the camera on the deer just as I heard her and saw her drawing back. It ducked the arrow and she spined it but then followed up with a good lung shot. Only bad thing was she broke one of her new arrows I got her for her birthday lol. Not much to look at but I feel quite an accomplishment for a woman with a compound bow especially in her condition. It's her second deer with a bow and third overall. Another positive is she always learning and growing as a hunter. She said she knew she shoulda held lower, now she knows. We were both pretty pumped up. tish doe.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is fantastic! What a great memory for you both, and one heck of a good story to tell that new youngin!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
That's a grand memory for you both and will make a great story. Congratulations to her!