Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OH, did you hear?

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
'Twas I said the happy hunter!! She got the 100gn Muzzy at 7:50 this mornin. I got into the blind behind my house at about 7:00, set up and waited. Then about 7:35 I saw a tail flicker from behind a tree but couldn't see her. She very nervously stepped out and with extreme caution made her way to the feeder not presenting a shot at all.. She kept looking over at me and then sniffing at the feeder, back at me, then the feeder.. All the while I'm slowly taking the kickstand off the bow and trying to get ready without getting picked off. She finally relaxed and started feeding and I was able to draw and anchor. THWACK! I have neon pink vanes on my arrow to honor breast cancer next month as my future mother in law is a survivor. I watched them bury right behind the shoulder blade and off she went! I never heard a crash so I waited about 20 min before I got out of the blind. Got out looked at the arrow and saw this..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412092191.947824.jpg

I then proceeded to look for blood and saw a few drops at the shot site then NOTHING.. Nothing at all! So I started to follow the path she took and still not a single drop of blood... So I backed out and went out to my street and walked to the end and down into the creek as that's the way she was headed. Still nothing. I text Ric and he called me and I was talking to him while down in the creek to see if he could come help me track her. Well I walked up the bank and back into the woods toward the blind and saw this. That is the exit wound.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412092515.516561.jpg

Entrance wound:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412092550.539453.jpg

She only ran about 30-40 yards. It was a double lung and I also clipped the top of the heart. I followed the blood trail from where she was and she didn't start bleeding out until about 10-15yds before she dropped. She ain't the biggest thing but she not small either.. She will be mighty tasty though!!! Thanks y'all for all the congrats. Sorry it took me a bit to post up but it was a good ride to the processor..

Chris