Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fuggin dogs! Now my deer beard is lopsided!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well I had to trim off part of my beard today!! Our German Shepard and St. Bernard got into it first thing this morning over a bed! Bella (St. Bernard) wanted to lay on her bed at the same time as Mina (Shepard) and Mina got pissed and went after Bella. Well my ol lady tried to separate them and ended up with this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411966987.965017.jpg

I heard them going at it and came running into the room and dove between them and I guess I caught a K9 to the side of the head..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411967008.726302.jpg

Dogs are fine not a scratch on them.. Kelly's hand is pretty fuggin sore but nothing the hosp could do but clean it out and give her antibiotic. I cleaned my head out at the house and I'm fine. It only hurts if I touch it.. I'm glad it's not worse than it could have been but I think I'm more pissed that I have a lopsided beard now..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That sucks! Didn't anybody ever tall y'all not to get in the middle of fighting dogs. Lol. If they do it again the best way is to come in yelling and shove them with your foot.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
That sucks! Didn't anybody ever tall y'all not to get in the middle of fighting dogs. Lol. If they do it again the best way is to come in yelling and shove them with your foot.

I did that a few months ago and that made the bitch just attack the other one more. Seems that touching any of them in the heat of the moment made it worse.

Thank God I rarely deal with that (this was the first time in years on end) and it was a "slight argument", at least until I touched the one.

I've heard that air horns work well, and I do know that a bucket of water works, if you have time to fill one. I had 2 stud dogs that would go at it pretty often, so I kept water around, then ended up getting rid of the troublemaker.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I did that a few months ago and that made the bitch just attack the other one more. Seems that touching any of them in the heat of the moment made it worse.

Thank God I rarely deal with that (this was the first time in years on end) and it was a "slight argument", at least until I touched the one.

I've heard that air horns work well, and I do know that a bucket of water works, if you have time to fill one. I had 2 stud dogs that would go at it pretty often, so I kept water around, then ended up getting rid of the troublemaker.

Then you kick that one again. And ya keep kicking and yelling until their attention is off each other. Usually you only have to kick them once each. I've broken up a many dog fights running coondogs. I mean some knock down drag out dog fights. Just use the bottom of your foot and shove the shit out of one then the other. You got to get them both because if you only get one you haven't broken the other dogs attention. A half rubber half chain tree leash works well also but most people don't have one in hand. I broke up a dog fight once between a big ole block head walker dog and a Black and Tan. When it was over george couldn't stop laughing and said I looked like Bruce lee swinging that dog chain. 2nd time that night they got in to it and I was pissed. When I got them back to the truck I threw em both in the same side of the box. Like a knife fight in a phone booth. By the time we got to the next tree they were fine and never fought again. Little chewed on but fine. Lol.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
The one female was already in a submissive position and not fighting back when I kicked (shoved with my foot) the other bitch while yelling.

She must have thought it was the dog or something, because she just went at her more when I did that. Boy, I felt guilty about that, but a second scream and foot on her ass stopped it.

It's extremely rare for them to ever fight. That was probably the first fight I've had in 8-9 years.

Not good. Hopefully you both heal fast and the dogs learn how to knock that shit off. Our female German Shepherd is starting to get more aggressive towards our old male lab. He's neutered and really isn't very aggressive at all and now that he's getting older she seems to take advantage of him some. I put a stop to it whenever she does it but the kids and momma don't so I'm concerned she will hurt him one of these days.

teej89

NE PA
When I got them back to the truck I threw em both in the same side of the box. Like a knife fight in a phone booth.

lmao! haha and sorry to hear that... at least they didn't do you or your wife anything too serious!

and yeah that's how we'd always separate em. Bottom of the foot and shove em away and if that doesn't work, the leash always does. We had a lab that'd lay into our other labs if they came near her when she had a raw hide. Well she started to get aggressive w/ our newest pup and I went to get her away from the pup and take the raw hide... Cost me a couple stitches lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The ironic part is you and your wife got the brunt of it and the two dogs didn't have a scratch.... Glad it wasn't worse then it was....