Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Yep I Do Know Something

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Thanks again guys and dustin your welcome, happy to do it.

I really needed that crossbow kill for my confidence after everything last year. Felt like I was just sitting in the woods for hours and hours to scare deer lol. Over the next couple weeks Im going to get a new scope, move the cams around, keep praticing with the crossbow and start working on getting my buck.

To be honest when I hit that doe yesterday I didn't fist pump or get excited it was more like oh boy here we go again lol. I texted xbow guy and sat in the blind for a good 45 minutes before going out. Found the arrow pretty quick 10 yards or so behind the doe and it was soaked in dark red blood but I was still worried. He convinced me to just go drag her out of the woods so I waited another half hour and went out. Found her before I saw the bloodtrail.

My wife has been geat too. She helped me drag that doe a good 200 yards and held the light for me while I feild dressed her. Big ole heavy doe and she will be enjoyed by the whole family.

Thanks again for all the encouragement, knowledge and inspiration.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats Joel, and that's what we do here.... Help out where ever we can..... Lots of experienced folks on this site and all ya gotta do is ask....

rsmith

Congrats Joel!!! Pin the tail on that doe! Was it the one that was missing the tail or no? either way congrats on first bow kill!