Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Share just ONE tip...one only

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Can't kill em on the couch, so get out in the woods, in the all weather conditions. I love hunting a slow steady rain, and get a chubby working for the heavy snows. Deer have to eat, and will get up and move no matter what the weather conditions if they're hungry or cold.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm likin what I'm seein here - I think it's time to say "post a second tip" to those who've already contributed...let's just keep it to one tip per post...And for those of you who haven't, please step up to the plate.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Toe heaters are the BOMB! Wait until your about to go up the stand before putting them on though if you have a long walk. They can make your feet pretty sore walking with them.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hunt hard. Hunt all year. I am doing my scouting in the snow right now. I will continue into Jan/Feb/Mar. The snow doesn't lie.

I might add, for the summer scouting (and hunting) a very good set of binoculars is a tool worth spending some money on.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Where i hunt is based on the difficulty of the drag out..If 99% of the hunters wouldnt even think of dragging a deer out of there..thats where Ill hunt.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
One thing I started doing to keep the GW outta the woods while hunting is turning my permission to hunt book to which property I am on and leave it on the dash. They generally look in your vehicle when pulling up. If they see the slip they usually stay outta the woods unless they are called about something specific.

Beentown

CJR123080

I don't apply this one, but a few of the best bowhunters I know do.......

Never hunt out of the same tree twice.

Diablo54

Outside
If your surrounded by deer at dark. Have someone come get you. So that you dont give up your stand location

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
When practicing your shooting don't forget to do some practice wearing the same clothes you will be wearing during hunting season. It is a lot different shooting in short sleeves than it is with Coveralls on.