Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2014 TC pics

Gordo

Athens County
The news didnt hit like you'd think it would. I was pretty damn sure he was toast when he stopped showing up for photo sessions. Remember me going all delusionsl? Ha

at1010

*Supporting Member*
damn man!!! That stinks! It happens though, atleast you know what happened to him.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The news didnt hit like you'd think it would. I was pretty damn sure he was toast when he stopped showing up for photo sessions. Remember me going all delusionsl? Ha

ya I thought someone just slipped a bad pill into your drink at the skull! hahahahrotflmao

Gordo

Athens County
Pops is rolling in for the next 5 nights. He's itching to drop the hammer on a doe. Got 4 different set ups for him at 4 different places. One spot needs some population control, so we'll get her going there this afternoon.

I'm lookin forward to climbing up in a tree also. Going to b beautiful

Gordo

Athens County
Well im chillin with my mom. Didnt want to leave her solo at the house.

Plans have changed as there are new bucks showing up on every property, so no doe killing. Hoping he see's some good activity tonight. Tomorrow we'll be hunting out of the same tree. Should b a blast from the past

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well im chillin with my mom. Didnt want to leave her solo at the house.

Plans have changed as there are new bucks showing up on every property, so no doe killing. Hoping he see's some good activity tonight. Tomorrow we'll be hunting out of the same tree. Should b a blast from the past

keep me us in the loop, you still got my number? Text me up sometime bub! Good hunting!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Pops is rolling in for the next 5 nights. He's itching to drop the hammer on a doe. Got 4 different set ups for him at 4 different places. One spot needs some population control, so we'll get her going there this afternoon.

I'm lookin forward to climbing up in a tree also. Going to b beautiful

Sure didn't take him long to score!!! Did you have the buck he got on TC yet or was he a non-resident deer?

Sorry to hear about the target buck ghosting on you! Yeah, I remember you going alittle paranoid last winter too. Like you said, it is what it is and you have to just move on. Just hope he was taken legally by a deserving hunter.

You'll find one to replace him, we always do! Good luck Gordo and congrats to you and pops on getting a nice buck down!

Gordo

Athens County
Thanks ric.

I have him on cam. Possibly 2 different properties that are a mile apart this year within the last 5 days. Going to have to dig into last years photos, but I'm 90% sure he's a familiar face.

Bucks really coming out of the wood work.

He harvested this deer from the same stand he harvested 'the bonnie buck' from in 2012.

He's stoked. He definitely experienced some ground shrinkage, but isnt bent out of shape about it. It was a quick decision and the minute he saw the overall size of the deer he stopped looking at head gear and let him have it. Ha.

Gordo

Athens County
Great sit from 8:30-2 today. Pissed i had to leave. Saw one of my shooters chasing right off the bat. Then had an absolute beautiful old ass 8 point hanging with a doe and thrashing some tree's. Watched them for 2 hours. Kept waiting for another buck to show for a show down, but never happened . The markings on this buck where just pristine . Perfectly symetrical 125ish stud. I wouldnt shoot him. Just awesome to watch.

Gordo

Athens County
I'll post up a pic. He may not b that old. His white just has an unbelievable pop. Could have been just from watching him that long through the zeiss glass with the sun hitting him