Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The hunt for kick it in Illinois 196" whitetail bow hunt

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Enjoyable to watch. Amazing deer no doubt. Seeing it be her first buck brought a smile to my face. The fight was outstanding. I personally like to learn a little bit or hear a bit more about positives and negatives. Watching a deer get killed gets old after awhile. Often times it is a 120" proclaimed to be "a mature buck on it's way down" or a "cull buck" or whatever excuse they give for shooting the supposed "130-140 inch deer" which you know darn well is 120". Shooting a monster like they did helps the story and excitement for sure. It is no easy feat to kill one that size, let alone on camera. I guess I am just curious why his shot got so little penetration. I have sunk them into trees deeper. lol

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I would make a comment on the first shot if it never happened to me but it has and every time you let a arrow fly you are so pumped up you don't know what your saying lol. That was one hell of a video to get pumped up for deer season. Will be watching that one again. Thanks for showing it!!!!

Diablo54

Outside
It's called being a big star Jesse. You have to have a catch phrase. Lol. Damn people. The gf looked at me funny when I told him "ummm no you didn't" after he said that.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Enjoyable to watch. Amazing deer no doubt. Seeing it be her first buck brought a smile to my face. The fight was outstanding. I personally like to learn a little bit or hear a bit more about positives and negatives. Watching a deer get killed gets old after awhile. Often times it is a 120" proclaimed to be "a mature buck on it's way down" or a "cull buck" or whatever excuse they give for shooting the supposed "130-140 inch deer" which you know darn well is 120". Shooting a monster like they did helps the story and excitement for sure. It is no easy feat to kill one that size, let alone on camera. I guess I am just curious why his shot got so little penetration. I have sunk them into trees deeper. lol

very hard to say. Watched Drury bros today and Jim Thome shoots a big buck, late season 50 yards, with rage, and shoots way far upfront. Thought it would have never found deer. He got that one.

Going to be darn near impossible to know what happened, without turning this into a BH debate!

tread lightly! HAHA!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Agreed Albert. Wasn't trying to start a debate. I would just like to know more. Stuff happens. I get it. Just saying, inquiring minds would like to know. lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
very hard to say. Watched Drury bros today and Jim Thome shoots a big buck, late season 50 yards, with rage, and shoots way far upfront. Thought it would have never found deer. He got that one.

Going to be darn near impossible to know what happened, without turning this into a BH debate!

tread lightly! HAHA!

I saw that also and was wondering how he found it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
IMO the shot angle was wrong to start with.
That's my guess. It appeared to be quartering to him and by missing forward a few inches, he was right in the paddle. Dude didn't look real big, so he'd have a shorter draw, less speed and a lighter arrow presumably. Not a good combo for poor arrow placement.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's my guess. It appeared to be quartering to him and by missing forward a few inches, he was right in the paddle. Dude didn't look real big, so he'd have a shorter draw, less speed and a lighter arrow presumably. Not a good combo for poor arrow placement.

If you gotta range a deer before shooting it, he's out of your range.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I liked both videos and watched all the way through. The first one where it went to slow motion I was kind of surprised cause I thought he was going to wait for the deer to come closer. Then the arrow hit him and I thought wow that looks a little far forward.. then I was thinking man that arrow didn't go very deep, lol. Smoked him!! No sir, you did not smoke him.