Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The hunt for kick it in Illinois 196" whitetail bow hunt

Go on you tube and look this one up, make sure to watch parts 1 and 2, great videos you have to watch both to get the whole story. If someone knows how to post a link this would be a great one for the TOO family.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
G5 mechanical broadheads were not mentioned in part one. I am curious if he was using them. Slicktrick, because sometimes your shot needs to blow through the paddle. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Saw this awhile back when I read the hunt in NAW and they posted the link in the article. Very good story on a monster of a buck! Loved the fight just before killing him...and she put it on him TOO! It does get your blood pumping that's for sure!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Great videos...only thing I noticed was they waited all day long to gut the deer....it was shot in the morning and recovered...then they did their video at sunset along that pond and it was still ungutted...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Great videos...only thing I noticed was they waited all day long to gut the deer....it was shot in the morning and recovered...then they did their video at sunset along that pond and it was still ungutted...

Good observation. :smiley_chinrub:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How big of a jackass do you have to feel like after proclaiming "smoked him" when in reality you failed to hit even the 8-ring, let along get any kind of penetration.

rsmith

How big of a jackass do you have to feel like after proclaiming "smoked him" when in reality you failed to hit even the 8-ring, let along get any kind of penetration.

That was the only thing that I was really upset about this, absoutly amazing deer, but man why say smoke him when you know the shot was bad and when you are using junk broadheads? Never understood it but hey, they got the deer and what a deer it is.