Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

angelzd28

Another bonus 5 for youth hunters. I took my daughter out with me Saturday afternoon.

Thats awesome man. Like i posted in the General forum, ive got a controlled gun hunt coming up this saturday with my sister. Hopefully im able to put a doe down. Unfortunately my sister doesnt fall into the youth category, but plan on taking my younger brother out during gun season, he is 14, so we'll atleast get 5 more points then.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Congrats Treed, the other deer I've seen in the last week or so is a green one, a combine and a few out of the windshield of it. I'm taking my boy in the morning before we start cutting more beans and get us a few more bonus points. I took the week of the 10th off to set my trapline and get in the tree I'm hoping I won't be too late for the rut. But time will tell. Congrats again buddy.

epe

Lancaster
Congrats man! Dad pulled the cameras and we have plenty of does and little bucks...This is the biggest one we have on camera so far. Hopefully a couple big boys come cruising thru during the rut.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414227637950.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1414227637950.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 298

Treed

Stark County
Thanks guys. Things are starting to pick up down in Carroll County. I'm starting to see a lot of scrapes pop up so I threw a cam in front of one to start getting some inventory on Sunday. We'll see what comes up.

epe

Lancaster
Anyone doing any good? I am still sick, but plan on being in the woods Saturday morning. Hunting 4 days in a row

Treed

Stark County
I've got a shooter buck running around my property that I thought was dead but I also just found a ladder stand on the other side of the fence line he runs. The farm above me is being leased. They dropped about 100 pounds of corn under an oak tree but I'm between the bucks bedding area and their bait pile. We'll see what happens. I'm heading back down tonight and getting back out tomorrow morning. I haven't been there since Sunday. That was the day the ladder stand went up and the bait went down so there's a good chance the buck I'm after is still alive. I hunted him last year too, he's smart and elusive, stays away from bait piles, moves on top of the ridges. Hopefully, he's still alive and the pressure above will push him down into my area or at least let me get a crack at him on the fence line a few hundred yards before that bait pile. He may go there cruising for does but I doubt many bucks are interested in corn piles right about now.
Other than that, last week I saw the buck I'm talking about now but couldn't get a shot at him and couldn't even get him to pause for a grunt. He wasn't alarmed, just walking. Same night I saw a button buck. Next night I saw the button buck again and the following night I saw a year and a half old spike who only had one side of his rack. He was a pretty big boy and he gave me a show for about 20 minutes at 20 yards. I didn't see squat in the mornings, I must be a noisy bastard, I dunno.
It seems the bucks are starting to move around more in the daylight, good times. I'm headed down tonight and will be down in Carrollton until Sunday. Looks like there's going to be some rain in the picture but it is what it is. I wish I could have been out yesterday and today!
Good luck this week, gentlemen. Stay safe!

Last edited:

angelzd28

Sounds good Treed, Im off from friday till tuesday and headed down to my spots around New Philadelphia. Havent had much time to get out till now, hoping TOO also put one down! Should be great hunting this weekend! Good Luck everyone.

angelzd28

Last night was eventful to say the least, had 5 different bucks come within shooting range. One almost got it but i let him walk, 130ish. grunted him in from all the way across a crp field, didn't even know he was there until he was sprinting right at me. Gonna hit the same spot tonight, hopefully something big walks by. There really moving now!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Took the daughter out tonight after watching 5 bucks walk by this morning without the kids. So tonight I take her and two bucks so up but it was to late for her to get a good shot so we waited them out. taking the boy back out in the morning. Hopefully we can pull one off.

Treed

Stark County
I'm going back out Wednesday morning, I just hope to start seeing some friggin deer again. I think the boys with the ladder stands, there's two of them now within 250 yards of one another on the same tree line, and their huge piles of corn have pressured the deer in my area. Either that or they're killing everything that walks by.............

angelzd28

Put us a Doe down yesterday, just posted it in the harvest thread. Unfortunatley I missed on a good sized buck about ten minutes later. Im going out again this weekend, so hopefully Ill get it done.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Put us a Doe down yesterday, just posted it in the harvest thread. Unfortunatley I missed on a good sized buck about ten minutes later. Im going out again this weekend, so hopefully Ill get it done.

Congrats man, I wish I could get a doe to come by me. I've seen at least two bucks every day the other morning I had 5 bucks and three were shooters all less then 40 yards. But the does are mia.Congrats again.