Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Early season mornings

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I'm not running any cameras this year on the KY farms. I hunt mostly morning because I work 3rd and get off at 6am, but need to be home when the boy gets home from school and help with HW and feed him then it's off to work I go.. As some of you read earlier I have only one access point and I kicked a bunch of deer yesterday morning. Today I waited until I could see better and still hunted my way to the stand. I have yet to go to my best stands cause I save them for mid- late Oct. The only reason I came back to this farm today is I need to move 2 stands.. Might as well get a small hunt in before hand..

A lot of the movement this past couple of weeks through the heart of our property was 2 am thru 6 am when looking at TC pics. That makes it difficult to almost impossible for us to 'sneak' anywhere in further than the fringe edges that are easy access for mornings.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
A lot of the movement this past couple of weeks through the heart of our property was 2 am thru 6 am when looking at TC pics. That makes it difficult to almost impossible for us to 'sneak' anywhere in further than the fringe edges that are easy access for mornings.

Dang it! I have the same thing going on...and thought the same thing about only hunting the fringes, my only problem is I didn't hang a single stand on the fringe.

I might have to go "Faith at full draw" style from the ground.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Same here Jake, I mainly hunt week ends due to work, but the wind and other factors dictate where I set up.

Yep that damn thing called work gets in the way of my hunting too. lol And I have a few stands hung on fringes just depends what wind I have which stand I go too. Two are half mile hikes but its worth it at times

rsmith

I'm going out opening morning just because it's opening morning and I've been waiting for this for a year now, than going to hunt evening for the rest of the week weather permitting but I got a couple other spots that I may bounce around on. But my bucks are coming in in the morning so I may try and sneak out early and just take a nap with headphones in and set an alarm to wake me up about 20 minutes before daylight

Mushijobah

I'll be out just for a chance to shoot the big boy! Get it done early and plan a hunt out of state during the rut

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Both of my spots are hard to hunt mornings. Last year I tried to sneak in a few times and heard lots of deer run away but didn't see crap, lol.