Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow shopping

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
So far I've shot the Bowtech Experience and 360 and a Hoyt Carbon Element. So far I have to admit I like the Hoyt better, but the down side is drawing the dang two cam bows back. My shoulders aren't what they used to be so getting over that "slight hump" is painful. I'm going to test shoot a Mathews Monster Chill and Creed today/tomorrow.

Gotta admit, I really liked the Hoyt Carbon element. I'd like to test shoot a spyder, but the cost is just to much for the bow.

rsmith

What about the faktor 34? I hear they are really easy drawing, the creed and chill both draw like butter from what I have heard.

teej89

NE PA
If you're looking at bowtech try out the Insanity.

However.... Don't pass up checking out the primes. That's my biggest regret from my last bow purchase is not shooting any prior to my purchase.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Find a place to shoot the Prime line of bows. You won't regret it.
I agree. I had a Hoyt Carbon Matrix and swapped it in for a Prime Defy last year. It's the smoothest shooting bow I've used. It's also got a great back wall. My shoulder is crap due to all my years of pitching but I can draw and hold my Prime set at 64 lbs. Don't think I could have done that with my Hoyt.

Treed

Stark County
Now I regret now having shot one before I bought my current bow! lol
I did come really close to buying an Elite though. Man, those are some nice shooters TOO.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Try a few . My current bow is a Elite Pure . Goin on my 4th season with it . Check out what the others mentioned and maybe Obsession bows if there is a dealer around .

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
This morning I test shot a couple bows. I think I've pretty much made up my mind.

I first shot the Prime Alloy. It was OK, but it's definitely not for me. Aside from the grip everything else was OK, but it just didn't feel right.

Second Bow was the Hoyt Faktor 30. WOW! Smooth draw, quite, light, and fast!

Third was the Mathews Creed. My only issue with this bow was the draw. Getting over the hump wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be. IMO my old SQ2 was smoother. However it was a nice bow.

At this point about about 90% sure I'm getting a Fakor. I'll probably do it in the 55-65 range. I'll most likely test shoot a few more bows just to be sure though.

The pro shop was asking $950 for the bow. I find it amazing how I can go on ebay and get a 2014 model for $765......

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Your the first person I have heard that was overly impressed with PRIME.... was the cost a factor do you think?

I am biased though because I just bought one a few months agorotflmao

talking bows.... a lot like politics hahaha

Hope you like the new rig!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Faktor is a killer bow. Can't go wrong with a Hoyt. I preferred the PRIME but it was close. Really liked the BT Experience also.

I dont see the point of the carbon riser bows id rather have billet aluminum. hoyt faktor 33 turbo, prime alloy and the bowtech rpm 360 would be my short list if i was buying one this year. If you can find a hoyt spyder 34 turbo id buy that one too. I like the alloy over the impact because of the longer brace height.

If you like the faktor 30 so much try to get your hands on a faktor 33 turbo. Same bow just a tad longer ata and a tad faster. I have a 29 inch draw and prefer a 32-35 inch bow over the sub 32 inch bows. The peep is closer to my face and the bow feels more stable.

Last edited:

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Prime bows are real nice shooters, but they don't hold their value. Just look on AT. If I were to get one I would pick one up on there fairly cheap. I have shot everything and in my opinion you can't beat a solo cam bow. I currently am shooting an Elite Pure, really just because of the deal I got on it. Had a 35 and it was pretty similar. A lot of nice stuff out there. To each his own..