Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalope's cam pics.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Now if I can only get JD to stop hitting my does at 6:15am going 30mph in his big ass truck. Quit crippling my buck bait Doug! lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
lmao

He is keeping the good does and giving you the gimpy ones? The good thing about the gimpy ones is they will not be able to get away from the bucks so the bucks will be at your place sooner. That means you get to tag your or his buck sooner lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
lmao

He is keeping the good does and giving you the gimpy ones? The good thing about the gimpy ones is they will not be able to get away from the bucks so the bucks will be at your place sooner. That means you get to tag your or his buck sooner lol.

I misunderstood the text. His truck is ok, the doe is dead.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Woops. That's not good.

Dang JD, you drive a truck or a tank to work lol. Unless you was already at work and had the dozer driving the back roads lol.

There is this one spot that I used a hunt and there was a small 7 acre woodblock along the creek. I would go in there to check a cam and instead of the deer running out the backside they would run out the other side across a mile-long field towards a busy state route. Twice I stood there and watched deer run all the way across that field and get hit by car. The only reason I started watching is JD called and told me a deer got hit out there and it wasn't long after I checked my camera. Never shot a deer out of those woods, but I killed three. Stupid animals.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That is just crazy. Must have been some good cover over there they wanted to get to really bad to try and get back over there. I would have drove over that direction and see what farms are over that direction and ask to hunt there lol. If they feel that much safety there they are willing to die trying to cross the highway then it must be a heck of a deer sanctuary lol.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I had a similar experience. I took my youngest brother out during gun season to try and help him get his first deer. We was stocking 3 does. We'll they seen us before a shot was presented and they ran the whole length of a big bean field and tried to cross a kind of busy road. Well it was bad timing and on 2 does made it across. I told my brother it kinda counts as a kill lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think I can say with certainty that I've driven more deer into vehicles than I have to standers on gun hunts. I know. Not helping.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This little sucker showed up at 1am, 7am, 1pm and again just a couple minutes ago. He's on a strict 6 hour pattern! Set your watch by it. Lmao. Why can't a booner do that!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410992536.113729.jpg