Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Dang man, that sucks! Sorry to hear!

Ya at least it gave me somethin to do today :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418592751.825625.jpg

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I got most of the junk off but had to take a break because I had to go somewhere yesterday and had school today. It's gonna sit wrapped tightly in plastic wrap until I can boil it some more tomorrow or Wednesday. It's lookin pretty good so far, the buck seems a lot bigger in person than he looked on trail cam pics

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Ya that was just my guess because of how red he still was and that the remaining flesh wasn't as rotten as I would've expected. I've been getting pictures of and been seeing yotes all over this property too. On my cam near this I got more pics of yotes than deer over the last week. I almost shot one two weeks ago but wasn't in my stand yet. Not sure how much coons will eat somethin like this but they're all over the place in that creek bed too

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A buck that size would make quick work of that ditch. I'd bet $100 he was gut shot. That's a textbook spot for a gut or liver shot deer to end up.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
A buck that size would make quick work of that ditch. I'd bet $100 he was gut shot. That's a textbook spot for a gut or liver shot deer to end up.

Agreed. I have watched a new born fawn claw her way up a rock face to follow momma that is more step then this pic depicts. Though the pic may not be as telling as reality.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Ya I was thinking about that after I said that. It is steeper than it looks and really damn slick but a buck has about 20 times my jumping ability and isn't wearing heavy clothes and rubber boots so you've gotta think he could've gotten out of there. I keep on thinkin how I had this deer at 15 yards one day ten minutes before shooting light, too bad he couldn't wait. Hopefully I can find another buck on my cams but they all seem to be dead or have disappeared at the moment. I'll just keep on huntin and see what happens

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like the persistence TeenBH! I don't doubt it was a fairly new kill. The blood visible narrows down time of death but I wouldn't know how long based on the pics. Even so, didn't look like there was a darn thing left.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hang with it, Taylor! I don't believe what you've said, btw. Waiting on a grip and grin photo...

I just got back in from doing some recon. I have found deer mecca, at least where they are this week. I dumped some corn and hung a cam hoping to get a look at the deer we've been hunting all season...hoping. This particular spot is right on the corner of the property line. Of course, there is not a tree on our side of the fence that will work. Anything we would get in would be skylined pretty bad. I think I'm going to build another blind with carpet. (Built a motel-sized blind last week).

Status
Not open for further replies.