Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bout got attacked

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
By a flying squirrel! Lol. Dad and I were hanging stands today and he climbed up to take the stand down. Well he noticed a rip in the back rest. And there was a little nest in it. No sooner, I spotted a flying squirrel on the tree right next to him just a few feet away. It was pretty cool. This thing wild leave us alone. So we take the stand down and begin putting the steps up the other tree (I was moving the set up about 20 yards away to a better tree) and I see the squirrel on my stand on the ground. The thing picked up a baby that was inside the stand! it was still alive, and the momma picked it up and carried it back to the tree we just took the stand out of. It was an awesome experience!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
uploadfromtaptalk1410634005851.jpg
If you look closely you can see the squirrel in the tree to the right
uploadfromtaptalk1410634035499.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410634045679.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's neat. There's no flying squirrels around here just grays and fox squirrels. Never have seen a little red jimmy here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We had a buddy stand in a nest tree one year. The hole was about 2' from my head and I about shipped my pants when that thing crawled out at last light!

Cool experience Jake. Not many people get to see them so close!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We have dog doors in our house. The cat uses them as well. Our old cat used to bring in live animals (rabbits, birds, flying squirrels).
The boys were about 5 and 6 years old and they were watching tv. They said they heard something making a funny noise. My wife and I come in, listen, look around... Up on the curtain valance was a flying squirrel just sitting there. All of sudden it jumps and glides right past the boys and lands on the couch next to them. You wanna talk about hilarious. They took off like their asses were on fire.
We were able to catch and release him after the shenanigans.

We have dog doors in our house. The cat uses them as well. Our old cat used to bring in live animals (rabbits, birds, flying squirrels).
The boys were about 5 and 6 years old and they were watching tv. They said they heard something making a funny noise. My wife and I come in, listen, look around... Up on the curtain valance was a flying squirrel just sitting there. All of sudden it jumps and glides right past the boys and lands on the couch next to them. You wanna talk about hilarious. They took off like their asses were on fire.
We were able to catch and release him after the shenanigans.

That would have made $10k on Americas funniest home videos!