Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Metropark lottery archery hunt

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Drove by this parcel last weekend and saw how thick everything is at the parking spot...don't know how the 2 earlier hunters are going to get to the back of the parcel with how thick it is in front???

Hoping it will be thinned out by the time i get to hunt it so my dad and i can get back to where i think the deer will be...i'm afraid our parking spot might be a place that the deer use to cross the road to the north, but i don't know for sure yet.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
this was in Parma...Holy CRAP!!

Parma Buck.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Screen shot of the south portion of the property I have to hunt Nov.8th-28th. The white lines are the metropark hunting zone boundary and the silver line is the creek running through the property.

The white X's are spots where I think I should start my scouting once I'm allowed onto the property. What do you guys think? are these good spots to start? Let me know if you see something else I should be looking at.

Not much I know, the land is flat and a little swampy in some areas.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
The "X" closest to the corn field I thought about trying to encapsulate anything coming to the inside corner and using (what appears to be) the trail north of the creek...didn't even think about checking out that entire tree line along the field edge...that's an excellent idea and somehow one that I overlooked somehow. Thanks guys!

I'm also hearing that hunting pressure might be heavy to really heavy during this time, so I'm really pushing toward scouting and hopefully finding a great spot more internal on the property, one that the deer might be using as a getaway spot that I can get into before the deer do. Hope that will be possible.

Just weighing my options against what might be most likely to happen...What say you TOO?

oakswamper

around Toledo
The corn field was a sweet corn field, it will be chisel plowed and seeded with rye soon.
BT the farther you go sw in that area the thicker it is (real thick) might be the best spot to catch em coming out

Looks like it might be pretty good on our farm this year with them opening these places up south, north and west of me

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well oaks, I hope its a good year on your place this year TOO! Around Nov8th -28th though, don't look for deer coming from the south, there won't be any, they will be on the back of my truck with a tag on them! lol!

This whole thing is just going to be fun...I love getting onto a new property and trying to figure things out. And talk/type about it amongst enthusiasts as well.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Looks good to me...the coon looks like a good size one also.

I will be split on which property to hunt during this time frame...if i don't put my target buck down on my other property before this hunt, it will make it that much harder for me to want to hunt this place during the rut.

this is another draw to deer hunting for me...never know what will happen.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Looks good to me...the coon looks like a good size one also.

I will be split on which property to hunt during this time frame...if i don't put my target buck down on my other property before this hunt, it will make it that much harder for me to want to hunt this place during the rut.

this is another draw to deer hunting for me...never know what will happen.

I think you're gonna pile up a big one this year... Make sure you text me when you do lol

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I think so TOO^^^^ I just went by that spot yesterday and would love to be in there for the rut. Even if there is a lot of hunting going on it could be a good thing. Take a lunch and stay in the woods all day if you can.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well, I qualified with no problem today...2 guys with one crossbow trying to qualify before my dad and I, didn't qualify...apparently they told the guy running the range they hadn't touched that crossbow all year...i wouldn't think that to be a problem, but they didn't qualify, my dad at least shot his crossbow this week to make sure he didn't embarrass himself at qualifying.