Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just lost respect for Brantley Gilbert

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd have a hard time spending that kind of jack on my salary but if I'd made 50 million I'd have my own spread with some buddies having the rights for hunting if they could keep an eye out for some good ones if you know what I mean.... I'm lucky too have the time too stay on stand for days on end but not havin the cash too afford a good spread too hunt on..... I'm lucky enough too have connections too decent land with hunting privileges for what ever walks or crawls on the ground....
So if this cat has the money and doesn't mislead folks on how he harvested the deer.... No harm no foul....
Oh and 4 days and a wake up lol....

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Not a bad artist. More rock than country. It doesn't bother me, just crazy to think about the prices. But I guess if you make 50 million it doesn't matter to much lol.

nis1

You guys have made good points. At least he didn't act like it was fair chase...but he didn't say it was on a preserve either. I had to look up the place to find that out. If I was famous I certainly know I wouldn't schedule anything during the month of November!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This guy called it for whatever it is. What makes my blood boil is watching some of these shows on TV & they make no mention one way or another, but it's obvious it's behind a fence. This weeks show with Keith Warren ( if not all of his shows ) was at some " resort " in Ohio that I now cannot remember. Those bucks were monsters, the hunters had rifles & no hunter orange. I didn't watch much because I can't stand the fugger, but I'm pretty sure that show led one to believe it was fair chase. There's others like that of course, but since it was filmed in Ohio, that makes me single him out.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Gary lavox from rascal flats hunts all over the mid west and plans his tour dates to allow him to hunt. Granted he hunts with the Drury crew most of that time. Again, it's kind of like hunting a preserve given the management they do. Watch one of the 5 different shows they produce and you will see a ton of deer running all over there huge food plots.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Didn't misrepresent. Don't care. I would go shot a couple animals and try to have fun if I had his jack. Never know until you try.

Would it be my thing...Probably not. I can find far more worse things a celebrity could be doing like supporting PETA or HSUS. Like Carrie Underwood. ..

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Didn't misrepresent. Don't care. I would go shot a couple animals and try to have fun if I had his jack. Never know until you try.

Would it be my thing...Probably not. I can find far more worse things a celebrity could be doing like supporting PETA or HSUS. Like Carrie Underwood. ..

That ^

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You mean he wares his hat like this

936358_10200623766249480_1209532728_n_zpsb5d88a32.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you had a show schedule and on the road like some of these guys and some CEO's and other high rollers would you just toss your past out the window? Given short time they have it is a great alternative for them to some what stay with their roots,passions, or heritage isn't it?

Valid questions and I understand/see where you are coming from. I would not give up my past. My roots, passion and heritage is chasing whitetails in the midwest where farmland meets big woods; not antlered livestock in a fence. I could be worth a cool $1 billion and I'd never consider hunting inside a fence regardless of my schedule. I get why people do it, but somehow I don't think this was so he could stay with his roots. Instead he now has massive set of antlers to stick somewhere that makes his willy tingle. I'd rather shoot a 120" deer on public ground than shoot that deer any day, any time, regardless of my net worth.

I'm in the group of I don't know who he is too. That isn't my cup of tea like most of you but I guess we can look at the bright side, he's a celebrity that isn't on the anti-hunting, pro HSUS band wagon. Also, at least he isn't hiding anything at all since he flat out said where they hunted.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Im just shocked by the prices. 10 grand to climb into someone else's blind and shoot a mutant deer inside a fence... To each thier own I guess!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Im just shocked by the prices. 10 grand to climb into someone else's blind and shoot a mutant deer inside a fence... To each thier own I guess!

That's cheap. The places with "trophy fees" easily put you in the $30,000 dollar range, easily.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I do have one song from him on my playlist that's ok and know nothing else about him. Canned hunts aren't for me either but if he's got the kinda jack to afford to kill(not hunt) a mutated deer and doesn't try to pass it off as fair chase I see nothing wrong with it. To each their own I guess. Like others have stated, it better than he or any other rich celebrity being an advocate for PETA and other anti hunting orgs.

IMO though, these "hunting" preserves are as far from hunting as you can get. Just call them "deer preserves" or something, cuz it sounds better than "petting preserve" which is far more accurate.

Lastly, if anyone can just pony up enough money to pick out a deer and shoot it, what did they really accomplish but just that?