Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2nd Annual The Ohio Outdoors Connor Wallace Memorial Archery Scholarship

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Certain moments have a way of turning our focus towards the things that matter most in life. For many of us here on TOO, the loss that member Jon Wallace (Quantum673) suffered earlier this year with the passing of his son Connor is one of these moments. Connor was a youth participant in last years Deer Hunting Contest where he earned 5 points for his team by killing his first deer on October 12th. Like many fathers, Jon's ability to get Connor on his first deer exemplifies one of the founding principles of TOO and that is the process of "Paying it Forward". In honor of Connor, we have decided to initiate the first annual The Ohio Outdoors Connor Wallace Memorial Archery Scholarship. The idea behind this is to continue promoting the philosophy of "Paying it Forward" and to do so in the honor of one of many fine examples set by members of this forum.

So here is how this will work: To be eligible, the entrant must be the son/daughter, neice/nephew, or first cousin of a TOO member and be 14 or under. They will also need to harvest their first deer with the help of a TOO member. You do not have to be on the actual hunt. They could be hunting on your land or be using equipment you loaned them. The main requirement is that you had a hand in helping them harvest their first deer. Once they have harvested their first deer, please post a picture of them with their deer here in this thread and tell us how they are related to you, and how you helped them take their deer. At the end of the season, we will randomly select one of the entrants to receive the prize package.

What is the prize pack?

The winner will receive a 2014 Diamond Infinite Edge package. The bow will come with rest, sight, quiver, wrist sling, stabilizer, a dozen properly spined arrows, release and case. Included with the bow will be a free set up and tuning from our very own master bow technician, Milo. For those of you not familiar with this bow, I have the specs listed below. This is a bow they can continue shooting as they grow and will be a gift that will keep on giving!

2014 Diamond Infinite Edge Specs
IBO Speed: 310 fps
ATA Length: 31"
Brace Height: 7"
Draw Weights: 5-70#
Draw Lengths: 13-30"
Bow Weight: 3.1 lb.
Bow Finish: Mossy Oak Infinity
Eccentrics: Dual Cam
Let-Off: 75%
Warranty: Lifetime

So make a concerted effort this fall to "Pay it Forward" in honor of member Jon Wallace (Quantum673) and his son Connor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People wishing to contribute to the scholarship are welcome to make donations via PayPal by sending them to theohiooutdoors@gmail.com or you can mail a check/cash/MO to me and I will make sure it gets put towards the scholarship. If you want to send it to me, please send me a PM and we will work that out. Any monies left over will be placed in the kitty to be used for Secret Santa and other philanthropic causes we take on each year.

Last edited:

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
TOO Family,
I cannot express in words what each and every one of you have done for us. The prayers and support of all the TOO family touch us daily.
There is no way for me to thank you enough. I love the fact that Connor will live on in so many ways. Paying it forward.
I cannot wait to hear the stories of all the young ones in the woods and getting on their first harvest.
May the smiles be wide and the memories everlasting!

#honorconnor