Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grunt tubes.

Mooosie

Hay guys I am new to this forum this question is a little off subject I hope you will forgive me I have several big bucks on my farm that go nocturnal about gun season we have trail cam pictures of them in the fields at 3-4 or 6 or 7 in the morning and they come about dusk I have a weatherproof blind and I am thinking about staying in it over night to catch them in the morning any one ever tried this

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hay guys I am new to this forum this question is a little off subject I hope you will forgive me I have several big bucks on my farm that go nocturnal about gun season we have trail cam pictures of them in the fields at 3-4 or 6 or 7 in the morning and they come about dusk I have a weatherproof blind and I am thinking about staying in it over night to catch them in the morning any one ever tried this
Welcome to TOO
I've often thought of the same thing, but never did it. As long as you're not breaking any game laws, I see no problem with it.

As far as grunt calls go? My choice is and always has been the MAD Growl. It's low gutteral tone sounds so much like the real deal.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
True Talker from Hunters Specialties is one of the finest grunt calls ever made IMO. I've had the Mad Growler, Primos Growler, and a handful of others, but I came back to the TT last season and found the call I'll carry for as long as they make them.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have a mad grunt tube and a quaker boy call as well. I like the quaker boy grunt tube, as it has a real throaty sound. I've about wore the mad call put though.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Faulk's. Hard to find in a store, by far the most realistic grunt call I've ever owned. To me, most of 'em sound more like a sick duck than a deer.