Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muck Arctic PRO Extreme Boot

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Does anybody have these boots?

I need a new pair of insulated boots and these fit the bill.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My dad does and they've held up well. He's like me and is hard on boots. I have the Wetlands and love them. Its my second pair and if Muck hadn't dubbed up with the Humane Society thing, I'd keep buying them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think the Mucks are very comfortable but their durability is terrible. The neoprene uppers are very vulnerable to thorns and snags.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The uppers are vulnerable to briars, but I usually put my carharts over them if possible. And I have an old pair for tracking.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think the Mucks are very comfortable but their durability is terrible. The neoprene uppers are very vulnerable to thorns and snags.

Couldn't you just roll your pant legs over top of them to prevent that?

I'm like Jesse, I'm very hard on my boots evidently or else they're just made poorly. I've gone through 2 sets of Alpha Burleys the past two years. The camo pattern lightens and tears or holes along seams seem to crop up.

Gotta find something soon before season myself.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I have had mine for about a year and a half. I think they are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn.
I had an issue with them after my bear hunt in Minnesota last September. Some of the camo was wearing of the boot.
I called Muck they sent me to the store I bought them at and they replaced them with no questions asked.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd argue they are TOO warm. My feet sweat in them so bad, they are soaked by the time I get to my stand. That makes for cold feet. Now I wear a light sock and change to a wool sock on stand. Drastically helps.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I'd argue they are TOO warm. My feet sweat in them so bad, they are soaked by the time I get to my stand. That makes for cold feet. Now I wear a light sock and change to a wool sock on stand. Drastically helps.

Jesse, that might be my issue with Muck boots.... I'll try that out next time. I can't stand cold feet!