Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Field and Stream Grand Opening?

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Anyone ever go there? They are opening a store at Easton in Columbus, on Sept 5th they will have archery booths and Jep Robertson will be there among other things. They sent out a coupon for 10$ off a purchase of 25$ or more. Seems like a good deal..I mite check it out but I assume it will be like Gander or Cabelas.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anyone ever go there? They are opening a store at Easton in Columbus, on Sept 5th they will have archery booths and Jep Robertson will be there among other things. They sent out a coupon for 10$ off a purchase of 25$ or more. Seems like a good deal..I mite check it out but I assume it will be like Gander or Cabelas.

Back after sandy hook Dicks pulled all their ARs off the shelves, canceled everyone back orders, and canceled their pending orders from manufacturers, then refused to carry them. It was just a huge PR stunt. They own these Field and stream stores and guess what. They're back in the AR business. I refuse to show with them

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
It looks like a mini, crappy Cabelas from the flyer they sent me. I will admit I'm curious and will go check it out at some point but you won't catch me waiting in line for hours for the "grand opening". Bet they have more 22 ammo right now than any store in Columbus though.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Field and Stream opened in Northern KY a while ago. They are just basically a Gander/Mini Basspro or cabelas. Hunting fishing camping.
Nothing really special, and newbie salespeople. One thing I will say, they seemed to have a lot going on for the camping crowd, but again, nothing special.
They had an assload of ammo at the grand opening, but long lines to go with it.

Apparently having bricks of .22LR available for a grand opening is a priority for all these places.

I didn't buy anything while I was there; I attended the grand opening out of curiosity, almost like gathering intelligence. The whole anti-Dick's thing was heavy on my mind, but my curiosity got the best of me. I wouldn't have gone if I just didn't happen to be down in that area that weekend seeing my inlaws.

They'll be opening a new Field & Stream about 10 minutes from my house later this fall. I will go there to buy some .22LR and nothing else. But I gotta go in once to see what it's like. But the anti-Dicks thing weighs on my mind. A shame too, because I used to buy a lot of stuff at Dicks. Not anymore.

Huckleberry Finn

I did the opening for the new Gander to get .22's and it was fun. Did the Cabela's opening to people watch. I'll skip Field and Stream...just keep going past it, turn left into the ghetto, and Vance's will beat them on prices and knowledge any day of the week. I hope that Vance's does a grand opening for their store in Obetz, I'll go to that

teej89

NE PA
I knew someone would get it LOL!

big gulps huh? Well see you later.

But yeah field and stream is a glorified dicks sporting goods outdoors section. AWFUL. I went last year on black friday cuz my sister wanted to go and had some bozo try and talk me into buying some trail cams that I already owned and he had no idea what he was saying.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Decide to check out the new Field and Stream last night. I was a nice store just reminded me of Cabelas just a little smaller. They had some decent deals but it was busy but not to crazy.