Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Underwear

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Serious stuff here. Its time I start wearing skivvies again. Been a good decade since I last wore anything with consistency. I've been eye balling some of the performance style undies and wondered what the verdict was around here. I have big thighs and need to cut back on chaffing, so it can't be tightly whities.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I powder religiously, but its time for a change. Boxer briefs won't stay put. They ride up and become regular undies in no time.

Jockey makes a performance boxer brief that is supposed to stay put. Any one use those?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Get ya those lil straps that hold your underbritches onto the top of your knee high black socks.

I switched over to Performance type poly/spandex boxer briefs a few years ago.UA makes the best imo,but my budget tends to put me in something cheaper but of the same material(Russell for 11$ a pair@ wally world) ..Goldbond makes a friction fighter stick(5$),that looks like deodorant and works like a charm on any of those high friction areas.Monkey butt powder an diaper rash cream work well too.My work area averages 20-30 degrees hotter than the outside temp.So my chubby as sweats an chafes if I dont do something extra.

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Putting another vote in for Hanes boxer briefs. They have never ridden up on me. Been wearing them for 5-6 years now.
Yup. Those are the only ones I can find that don't stretch to three sizes the norm after a day of wearing. Gold bond medicated powder and the hanes boxer briefs are the way to go.

For what it's worth, it's 94 degrees in the "building" I'm working in tonight, and I'm sweating my ass off. No chaffing here.

Huckleberry Finn

Under Armour charged cotton (you gotta order them online). Can't beat 'em. Their heat gear ones are too tight. Haven't tried the mesh yet. But you can't beat the charged cotton. I think in a 3 pack you are paying like $12.50 per...that's fine to keep the nuts happy.