Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Knew this day would come.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I need my girlfriend to graduate college and start making the big bucks so we can buy some land haha!

Here is some sage advice my friend...

No matter what

Marry a girl with a career and drive... Lots of freeloaders out there

No matter how good is the sack she is..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
That's one thing that keeps me optimistic about mine. She has a plan and sets high goals for herself. And she does really well in school and is a hard worker. I always joke with her to hurry up and graduate so I can just quit my job lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's one thing that keeps me optimistic about mine. She has a plan and sets high goals for herself. And she does really well in school and is a hard worker. I always joke with her to hurry up and graduate so I can just quit my job lol

She's a keeper Jake!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Screw buying land in ohio.

Malta Montana. 1,215+/- contiguous acres in one block with a combination of grazing and irrigated land. Easy county road access and excellent hunting opportunities on your own land! Located next to the Bowdoin National Wildlife Refuge. Perimeter fenced.
IRRIGATED : 571.52+/-
GRAZING: 644.07+/-

$625,000.

This is the only way to secure your hunting future. Guys pay $40,000 for a new pickup and never bat an eye. But cringe at the thought of $80,000 for 30-40 acres of ground. The truck will be toast in 10 years, but the ground is yours for life. To me it is a no brainer which is better to own.

A man doesn't need a 100+ acre piece of ground to have good hunting. A small piece in the right location will do just fine.

I couldn't agree more Dick. If we didn't have opportunity to buy into my uncle's farm I would have been looking for something up here even just to invest and hopefully have to raise kids on hunting.

I sure hate to hear the news for you Moundhill. Hopefully you will run into a deal you can afford to secure land for you and your family for the future.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Moundy- They aren't making anymore land. You have had an eye opener at a young age. Use it to your advantage. Let it motivate you to buy your own. It is a great way to diversify your retirement portfolio. Ground is not going to go down in value much. When interest rates climb, and inflation sets in, property is going to go crazy in value. It is a commodity. There is a limited supply. Buy as much as you can while interest rates are historically low and land is "reasonable".

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well, got word today that whoever someone is in contract and will be closing withing 2 weeks. Which means I'll have to take down 3 stands, and 2 cameras. It sucks, that's tw properties in a row that I've finally gotten figured out, and have to let them go. I'm contemplating selling my house and buying a chunk of ground with a run down trailer. This is exhausting.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well, got word today that whoever someone is in contract and will be closing withing 2 weeks. Which means I'll have to take down 3 stands, and 2 cameras. It sucks, that's tw properties in a row that I've finally gotten figured out, and have to let them go. I'm contemplating selling my house and buying a chunk of ground with a run down trailer. This is exhausting.

sorry to hear bud, things could be worse! hopefully you find a new place!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That's why I'm trying not to complain about it too much. I mean it's sucks, but there's definitely people out there with bigger problems.

good attitude, sometimes we all get so caught up with deer hunting its easy to not look at it that way. I know I have done this myself many times!

Ill keep my fingers crossed you find an even better place buddy!

teej89

NE PA
Here is some sage advice my friend...

No matter what

Marry a girl with a career and drive... Lots of freeloaders out there

No matter how good is the sack she is..

I'm getting deja vu lol

sorry to hear about your property tho, nothings worse than figuring out a prop and having it yanked out from under you and nothing you can do...

Last edited:

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
$7,000 a year...enough said lol. No way I could swing that. No way in hell

Are they out of their minds? Seriously though, I've never heard of a club charging that. You can go to a farm up in NNJ and shoot a 200 inch deer for that cost. Yes, penned deer, but the point is still 7k is a ton of money, especially to hunt with a club....