Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrels

Treed

Stark County
Looking forward to getting out in the woods next week with the kids for a little squirrel hunting. I used to love going out with my ole man and my uncle when I was a kid, I learned a lot from them in those early days. My kids are as excited about it now as I was back then. I look forward to the next twenty years.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Squirrel hunts are great opportunities to learn woodsmanship. I don't hunt them much in the early season due to my deer hunting and not wanting to pressure the woods. However I have a couple places to hunt where I don't chase deer and I may hunt some there this season.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I love to squirrel hunt! We won't be going out Monday though as we'll be hopefully filling the air with birdshot (right behind the passing doves). The squirrels will be in trouble soon enough however.

I will probely head out Monday afternoon
As I have other plans for the morning

Love to still hunt them
As I feel it helps my deer hunting skills
Darn good to eat
Reason #3 is , I use the tails for tie ing flys and jigs

Besides I realy want to reduce the number of the darn things by my one tree stand
As they drive me mad barking at me when I walk in for a afternoon deer hunt

John

teej89

NE PA
I will probely head out Monday afternoon
As I have other plans for the morning

Love to still hunt them
As I feel it helps my deer hunting skills
Darn good to eat
Reason #3 is , I use the tails for tie ing flys and jigs

Besides I realy want to reduce the number of the darn things by my one tree stand
As they drive me mad barking at me when I walk in for a afternoon deer hunt

John

good ole squirrel tail streamer... always slaughtered the big river trout and small mouth on them back in PA.

And pretty excited for squirrel hunting on monday. Taking the GF out and she's more excited than me lol I sighted in the .22 today and told her now she has no excuses come monday.

We had a bunch of eggs go bad so I kept em and let her shoot em today and she went 13/15 at 40yds so I'd say they're in trouble come monday. This will be her first hunting experience, we'll see how it goes.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Got about two weeks of dove hunting until the farmer plows the cut wheat field then i will be after the squirrels. Have a safe and fun opening day tomorrow for squirrel and dove!!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Its a great time to be in the woods. I had not hunted them in many years but started going again and found it most rewarding. Best of luck and bring a camera!

lung buster

hocking county

Only got one. Should of had about a dozen,lol. Andrew pulled the trigger. Man it was hot!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I enjoy squirrel hunting but my hunting woods is a pinch point for deer trails. So no hunting until I get a buck. I do have squirrels going by the new tower I put up in 2013 so I might give that a try and deer watch.