Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrels

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Andrew nailed 3 more today. It was a great morning to be out! Addy is playing fall softball and had a double header at noon so she slept in. I plan to get her out in the am before school.

Awesome stuff and awesome pic!

Big Weff

Athens
uploadfromtaptalk1410613576264.jpg dad and I laid down 5 this morning. The old 22 wasn't exactly driving tacks this morning but it got the job done on a few haha

lung buster

hocking county
Took kids out after ball this evening and Addy missed one, & Andrew killed #7. I ended up shooting one on the way out that my kids couldn't get. Addy has a double header again tomorrow and will.be sleeping in. I have a feeling that Andrew will have a hunt to remember in the am!

oakswamper

around Toledo
Love the pics, I will never forget my oldest daughters first squirrel, she snuck up on it and shot and missed. The dumb thing ran down the tree and started barking at her, she shot and killed it and turned around and told me "dad that was a dumb one" I about died. I think she was 9.
She just had a baby, they grow up fast enjoy them

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Love the pics, I will never forget my oldest daughters first squirrel, she snuck up on it and shot and missed. The dumb thing ran down the tree and started barking at her, she shot and killed it and turned around and told me "dad that was a dumb one" I about died. I think she was 9.
She just had a baby, they grow up fast enjoy them

Very cool memory right there!

Great to see both of your kids really into it LB!

lung buster

hocking county
Not very good shooting this am for Drew. He knocked 6 out and we only found 3! We thought he had his limit and we left kinda bummed the way things ended. That's hunting and you will have days like . Here is 8,9,10. Its the first time he has hit double digits!

oopsagain

Good stuff getting the kids out there and having success.

I got out this evening and were the squirrels cutting.. They were cutting mostly in shag hickory,but I saw them in beech,oak,and walnut.. I got started at ten after four and had my sixth at ten til six.. I saw ten others and heard several more.. It was very enjoyable.

Gear info.... Savage Mark II with CCI Mini Mag solids..

Last edited:

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew shot #11 this weekend and I went ahead and killed another one that was sneaking out after he shot. We hadn't been out in a couple of weeks and I think we're done for awhile. Its time to deer hunt!!