Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plumbrook sector...

nis1

A buddy and I will be in sector A7 on Nov 15th. Anyone have any intel? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409265550.003705.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good luck. I went two years ago. It's crazy. I don't think the sector matters. You will see deer. Others will chime in.

Years back I hunted 17 , close to A7
I remember a lot of it was thick
But it had well used deer trails that looked like cattle paths from all the hoof prints

Good luck

John

nis1

John, remember of any good trees for a climber in your sector? The woods in A7 looks similar to that of 17 so I was curious. We are going at it with the archery tackle so we are allowed to bring stands. I'd like to use my climber but I have a ladder stand I can bring if the trees are scrubby.

John, remember of any good trees for a climber in your sector? The woods in A7 looks similar to that of 17 so I was curious. We are going at it with the archery tackle so we are allowed to bring stands. I'd like to use my climber but I have a ladder stand I can bring if the trees are scrubby.

17 was a mix
It had some nice trees
But other areas were all 10-20' tall brush and trees with no place for a tree stand

So I am not sure about what good trees you will find

John

callmin

We gun hunted in sector 50 last year and had an archery sector to the south of us and I can tell you there were absolutely no climbing trees in that sector. I really don't know how you could have bow hunted it because we could hardly move around in our sector because it was so thick, and the habitat was about the same in the archery sector. We're gun hunting again this year, but we have sector 39. We're hoping it is a little more open where you can at least see 50 yards.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've hunted Plum Brook 2 times over the last 38 yrs. There were so many hunters in the woods that the deer where on the constant move. I have decided to avoid public hunting because of too many stupid hunters with loaded guns.