Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO #Honor Hunts

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Any chance the TOO family could buy some of these to wear and Honor Conner as well? I would figure out a way to secure it to my bow or harness. I would be proud to do so and think of him. My time in the tree stand is a time to reflect. I often pray for my safety, and the safety of my friends, family, and extended TOO family while hunting. Would be a great reminder to say an extra prayer for your family and give thanks for the time we have on this planet.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
A few of you have asked about the #honorconnor bracelets. We just got some more in. If you would like one send me a PM with your name and address. One of Connor's friends families came up with this idea and has been selling them for $2 to raise money for a memorial scholarship that we setup at Connor's high school. For TOO members I am not asking for any money for the bracelets. The TOO family in my opinion is doing so much already.
If you would like to make a donation to the scholarship fund you can mail donations to:
Connor James Wallace Memorial Scholarship Fund
C/O Greeneview School District
4 S Charleston Rd,
Jamestown, Ohio 45335.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bow is finished! Thanks Jon!

uploadfromtaptalk1410383306552.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great way to secure it Jesse. I hadn't gotten that far yet. Just figured I would come up with something when it arrived. Your idea is excellent.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Honor lucas. I'm dedicating this hunt to my son. We lost him in 2012, the hardest thing I've ever done and will ever do. He made me the man I am today. From the day he was born he touched so many. When he passed I completely lost control of everything. All but gave up hunting didn't have the drive to do anything. My dad and brothers kept pushing me to get out there and do what we both loved so much. Once I was out there in the woods again and checking cameras I realised that that I knew I had too push harder and hold my family together. I dedicate every hunt to him have pictures of him and his sister taped too my bow. And his name on every arrow. I found comfort in hunting again even tho there are times I still cry while I'm out in the woods. I guess it all comes out while I'm hunting because I'm by myself and hold alot in around everyone else too keep that strong appearance and too keep everyone together. The little saying on the sign says I love you to Saturn and back. He would tell us he loved us too the moon and back and I'd I told him i loved him to Saturn and back. Sorry this was a long message but I could go on and on. I hope anybody who has lost a loved one finds some way to cope. Hunting has always been my thing but it is more now than ever.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410695323021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410695323021.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 217

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn... Don't apologize Big Ten. It's a brotherhood here and we are all here for each other. Not sure about the others, but I didn't know you lost a son as well.

My deepest sympathy. The sign and arrows are great ways to honor him and carry his memory on. Thanks for sharing.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn... Don't apologize Big Ten. It's a brotherhood here and we are all here for each other. Not sure about the others, but I didn't know you lost a son as well.

My deepest sympathy. The sign and arrows are great ways to honor him and carry his memory on. Thanks for sharing.

Ditto to what Mike said here Josh! Man, I'm so sorry as I didn't know as well! Can't fathom what anyone who has lost a child has gone through! Thoughts and prayers man! I pray you and him can tag a nice bear today together as he looks down upon you from heaven! Goodluck Josh!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Ditto to what Mike said here Josh! Man, I'm so sorry as I didn't know as well! Can't fathom what anyone who has lost a child has gone through! Thoughts and prayers man! I pray you and him can tag a nice bear today together as he looks down upon you from heaven! Goodluck Josh!

^^^^^^ Completely sad TOO hear!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Thanks guys I never open up about it much the pain and hurt never go away. You just learn to live with it. And try to find a way to stay positive. Next weekend I'm playing in a golf scramble. With a group called compassionate friends there all people who have lost children. my family sponsors a hole in honor of my son. And this year i told my dad about connor and about the honor hunts he played to sponsor a while for Connor also. Its just a little sign they put up on the tee blocks but plan on sending the sign too Jon and his wife when we get done with the scramble.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410705740.381480.jpg Thanks Jon, Connor will be with me every time I'm in the stand to remind me to cherish what time we have. Josh I had no idea about the loss of your son, my heart goes out to you both. I lost my little brother in 1986 and the loss of a young life is tough to deal with. Just know that the TOO brotherhood is here to help whenever you need it.
Derek.

Ricer2231

Had no idea Bigten. So sorry for your loss. My hat is off to you guys who have been through this tragedy. I honestly have no idea how you have dealt with it. Examples of very strong people with even stronger family. God bless you all!