Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO #Honor Hunts

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Last month member Jon Wallace (Quantum673) shared a touching tribute dedicated to his late son Connor. (For those that do not recall reading about young Connor, you can read Jon's tribute here: #HonorConnor - Lost my Hunting Buddy.) In the weeks following Jon's tribute, I spoke to several TOO members via text/phone and it was very clear that Connor's story had deeply impacted many; especially those who are fathers to young men just like Connor. Tragedy and saddening loss has befallen many of the members of this forum in our short time together and the outpouring of compassion from everyone never ceases to amaze me. Each time we share in a situation like this, we are served with great reminders to celebrate the time we have and the memories we've made.

As we approach the September 1st opener for dove, geese, and squirrel (among others), I'd like to challenge everyone on TOO to use the coming months as time to reflect upon, and to honor those that meant the most to you. Dedicate a hunt (or hunts) to loved ones and friends who have left this world long before their time was due. On these hunts we ask that you make a simple sign reading " #Honor(Insert Name Here) " and take a picture of yourself afield with this small sign somewhere in the picture. When you return from your hunt, share that picture here in this thread and include a tribute to the person you are honoring.

In the coming weeks we will once again return afield to purse the very passions that give our life meaning. Use these moments to give thanks and let's do our part to #HonorConnor by letting his memory remind us to honor those we miss the most.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Sounds awesome I honor my son everyone I pick up my bow have his name on the vanes of my arrows. And his picture on my bow. I still struggle everyday and its been over 2 years. I reached out too Jon after reading his story got his number and plan on talking too him throughout the season. Stuff like this is why this website is the best and the people on here are some of the best people around.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ditto to all the above!!! Lets DO IT!

What a great way to pay tribute and share a memory of a loved friend or family member that is sorely missed!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Sounds good, count me in. That was a very touching story and I still think about it.

I've lost my brother and sister both in their 20's along with my Grandma and Grandpa all within a few years. Still hurts but I can't even imagine something happening to my daughter or son.

Great idea. I lost my lifetime hunting and fishing partner, my brother, a few years ago. The last day we spent together was a cold, rainy morning on the opening day of gun season at my Carroll county property. Every time I hunt there I feel he is sitting beside me. I'll be sure to dedicate a hunt to him this season.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Thank you Jesse and TOO. I think this is a great idea for us all to keep the memories alive.
I know as I step out in the woods this year Connor will be with me, and every hunt will be in his honor.

Bigten05 - we will definitely be staying in touch.

Look forward to seeing everyone's memorial hunts!

-Jon
#honorconnor

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm happy to see others are on board with this. Sean Curran planted the seed for this idea and its a great one. Much thanks to Adam Buxton, Mike Cottis and others for helping shape this concept into something that I think will highlight a lot of folks' season. Don't be shy either; keep the memories flowing!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
#honorconnor.jpeg

I will be wearing this during all hunts as well as every other day.
Love and Miss him dearly.