Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Washington St. Sheds

angelzd28

Here are some sheds I found in Eastern Washington a few years back, in the Kaniksu National Forest. The back story on these sheds is quite interesting.

I was a survival instructor in the USAF from 2009 to 2013 and we would train our students in the The Kanikisu and Colville National forest, just north of Spokane Wa. Every trip most instructors would tell our students to look for sheds and then trade them for extra food. Well wouldnt you know it my very last trip to the woods in 2013 would be very memorable. Like always me and a fellow instructor challenged our students to look for sheds. The last day we were there a couple of students came into camp and said they had found a nice shed, BUT had dropped it halfway because they were tired of carrying it!:smiley_blackeye:
These guys were obviously not hunters of any kind so we asked them to shows us on the map where they dropped it. After narrowing down a 400 x 400 meter area we decided to go look for it. The deal was between instructors, finders keepers. So we get to the area of interest and start frantically looking for it. After a 45 minutes of running around, and hoping my fellow instructors didnt get there first I spotted IT! I let out a loud WHOOP! Afterwards my buddy acted like i pissed in his cheerios, he still is bitter to this day, LOL. On a side note got it scored and it grossed 149"

The other sheds were found by me in 2011, 100 yds from each other. One a moose pattle and the other a pretty nice droptime whitetail.
:pickle:

full mount.jpg,
100yds.jpg