Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

qad dropaway vs vapor trail limb driver?.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I had a QAD and it killed deer. Then I put on a LD. It too killed deer but with better design. I still have my LD. Sold the QAD.

higbee13

new jersey
We'll I had my 3buddies over we all shot and I was reallyy impressed by the Vapor trail LD I stumbled into another problem and cannot figure it out and all 3 of my buds noticed it too...not sounded like a prick or anything but I can shoot pretty damn good to where at 30 n in I can group 6arrows to where they are all basically touching...I shot today with the new LD and just could not group at all..the rest is working perfectly but I could not get a good enough group to even attempt to fine tune in the sight! We have no idea because the my bow guy paper tuned it to where it was shooting perfect darts through the paper and I'm not blaming the rest at all but I have no idea what the issue is and even my friends said they can tell something's up with my bow just by my groups...I'm baffled my nocking point is level the bow Is level and of course the rest has perfect clearance but when I shot 5arrows I'll have 2or3 dead in middle then one like 2inch last and another completely opposite low right and we can't figure it out...anybody have any ideas because I'm clean out and I'm pissed...I and I'm shooting maxima hunter 340s with blazer fletchings all the arrows and nocks are in perfect shape

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
We'll I had my 3buddies over we all shot and I was reallyy impressed by the Vapor trail LD I stumbled into another problem and cannot figure it out and all 3 of my buds noticed it too...not sounded like a prick or anything but I can shoot pretty damn good to where at 30 n in I can group 6arrows to where they are all basically touching...I shot today with the new LD and just could not group at all..the rest is working perfectly but I could not get a good enough group to even attempt to fine tune in the sight! We have no idea because the my bow guy paper tuned it to where it was shooting perfect darts through the paper and I'm not blaming the rest at all but I have no idea what the issue is and even my friends said they can tell something's up with my bow just by my groups...I'm baffled my nocking point is level the bow Is level and of course the rest has perfect clearance but when I shot 5arrows I'll have 2or3 dead in middle then one like 2inch last and another completely opposite low right and we can't figure it out...anybody have any ideas because I'm clean out and I'm pissed...I and I'm shooting maxima hunter 340s with blazer fletchings all the arrows and nocks are in perfect shape
You need to paper tune and fine tune your bow, not the "bow guy." Your grip will be different from his, and the amount of torque applied can change your point of impact and arrow flight drastically. Shoot a bare shift with a fetched shaft and see if they impact together. If they dont, your rest isn't perfect. Also, if you haven't shot much yet this year, it could be something as simple as your grip or anchor being sling try inconsistent. It's hard to say without seeing things in person though, hopes this helps some.

higbee13

new jersey
Thanks man yeh I shot it myself when it was paper tuned I'm good friends with the owner so usually I'm hands on when he's tuning everything for me...I literally shoot 7days a week for like 30mins before work...been shooting great man but when my qad started acting up I went and bought the LD today was 1st day out shooting and while I was impressed by the rest I couldn't get my groups...I only shoot from tree I hate sighting bow from ground I try to do everything as I would in the stand this close to season...but I mean it seemed like I'd get 2or3 arrows deadon and then 2 would shoot clearly off..I even marked the arrows out of every group and it wasn't the same arrow so I'm baffled...can it be the cam or limb issue since my string stretched from last year? I was told to give it a couple twists if your string stretched I bought new strings last year and had to lower my nick point last week due to stretch

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks man yeh I shot it myself when it was paper tuned I'm good friends with the owner so usually I'm hands on when he's tuning everything for me...I literally shoot 7days a week for like 30mins before work...been shooting great man but when my qad started acting up I went and bought the LD today was 1st day out shooting and while I was impressed by the rest I couldn't get my groups...I only shoot from tree I hate sighting bow from ground I try to do everything as I would in the stand this close to season...but I mean it seemed like I'd get 2or3 arrows deadon and then 2 would shoot clearly off..I even marked the arrows out of every group and it wasn't the same arrow so I'm baffled...can it be the cam or limb issue since my string stretched from last year? I was told to give it a couple twists if your string stretched I bought new strings last year and had to lower my nick point last week due to stretch

What bow are you shooting if i can ask? You shouldn't move the nock point around until after you get the strings/cams back to their original location..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Limbdriver Pro - V + Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg = Full Containment

I was shooting some this evening with the wife and the baby. I nocked an arrow on the way back from the target and flipped the bow upside down, just because. Wouldn't you know it, I have full containment!

uploadfromtaptalk1408749162545.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408749171915.jpg

And this, ladies and gentlemen is why it is the greatest rest ever. Just sayin'. LOL

Last edited:

Ricer2231

I was shooting some this evening with the wife and the baby. I nocked an arrow on the way back from the target and flipped the bow upside down, just because. Wouldn't you know it, I have full containment!

View attachment 23437View attachment 23438

And this, ladies and gentlemen is why it is the greatest rest ever. Just sayin'. LOL

Haha.

View attachment 23437View attachment 23438

I wanna see you shoot it that way now!! LOL

Got to thinking about this thread and wanted to throw a question out regarding the Limbdriver Pro V. I've been looking at them online planning my purchase and got to wondering since the cage around the rest is all aluminum do any of you put moleskin or something around the inside to help reduce noise? Or does the clip work real well at holding the arrow in place?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Got to thinking about this thread and wanted to throw a question out regarding the Limbdriver Pro V. I've been looking at them online planning my purchase and got to wondering since the cage around the rest is all aluminum do any of you put moleskin or something around the inside to help reduce noise? Or does the clip work real well at holding the arrow in place?

They come with moleskin for the rest and the cage. Also, I don't use the arrow clip personally. On my Elite, I just bought the rubber pad for the riser and the Hoyt already has the rubber there. Best thing about that rest is no matter where the arrow lays on the riser, the rest will pick it up when you draw.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned that needs to be is there is a spring tension you can adjust on this rest. If the arrow is bouncing around when you draw, that tension needs adjusted. Just something to keep in mind. I saw negative reviews on Amazon about this rest and all the negative reviews referred to this issue. People just don't know their equipment. Read the manual and understand how your equipment works and you will be better off.

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
Just put a Limb Driver ProV on my 2014 Carbon Spyder today , was down to that and the QAD HDX , actually bought the QAD yesterday but took it back and got the LD today ...Very nice rest